Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issues with my galaxy S9 Flickering, Green/Yellow tint and Black bars

(Topic created on: 25-10-2020 02:14 PM)
Бане
Explorer
Options

So my phone was working fine the screen colors where ok I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and got back to this IMG_20201025_124324.jpgIMG_20201025_124408.jpgIMG_20201025_124510.jpgIMG_20201025_131432.jpg

as you can see the screen got a yellow/green tint out of nowhere, I thought it might have happened from heat (tho I have no idea how it might have goten hot since its 20 degrees in the room and the phone wasn't exposed to direct sunlight and was not in the vicinity of any heat source) and let it cool off for half an hour when i powered the phone back on I couldnt see anything on the screen although it powered up I saw the start screen with the same tint clearly once the phone booted up i got this IMG_20201025_150143.jpgand I couldnt make out anything and as of now i cant use my phone I can't call someone or I can't answer a phone call which is just .... fantastic, so I'm asking you guys do you have any ideas on what i should do to fix this issue and is there any explanation on what might be the cause of the issue. Looking forward to your replies.

64 REPLIES 64
PinWiPy
Student
Options

Please share the temporary solution. Thanks!

PinWiPy
Student
Options

Hi, please reply to my message.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anuragsinghal
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Basically its a temporary fix.  Once your screen blacks out and have some green horizontal lines, lock the screen with power on button on right hand side. Then, double tap on the screen, it will resume display and unlock the screen by using small square icon on the bottom of screen. Dont use finger print option to unlock and instead type your pin on screen to unlock it. Try it and let me know. This is some software issue and is being faced by several S9 users at present with no resolution from Samsung... Also keep Always ON option in Display settings.

hoppingturtles
Student
Options

Just got the same issue about few weeks back. Can confirm that the temporary solution of putting your phone on the wireless charger works. Also what works for me is just switching off the display for a few seconds and switching it back on. Everything becomes normal then.

Бане
Explorer
Options

The first time I got the yellow screen issue locking the phone for a minute or two and then unlocking it would bring back the colors but when the issue came back for a second time this never helped again. The post where I pointed that out got deleted by the mods which is just awesome, but you can still see the pictures when you take a look at my account (at least I can don't know why it would be different for other users looking at my account).

The only thing that seems to get the colors back to normal is watching an HDR video so try that out but do note that once the video ends the urine filter is back in full swing.

Seeing that the issue is not getting fixed and most likely will never be acknowledged or fixed by Samsung I can say I'm beyond disappointed and this issue requires a more permanent fix (aka buying a new phone from a company that won't render it useless via a software update).

And to the mods, I see no reason for you to delete that post if you have issues with your customer support and service centers then customer complaints are not the place to take it out on, there is another more productive way of fixing this but I guess dwindling sales might just make you explore other courses of action.

Anuragsinghal
Journeyman
Options

Samsung service center is maintaining that its display issue. I was informed in India that it will cost some 150 USDs to replace the display.  I have got the same changed in local market with cost of 50 USDs and is working fine now. Ofcourse, they have changed the screen from some other used phone. For new display, they have asked for 100 USDs. If your phone is used only for few years and battery is good, you may explore getting it fixed in local market. Else, go for new phone with better features available now.

0 Likes
Kau1194
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem couple of days back and found this quite an interesting thread.

I had adaptive brightness ON and it luckily worked on out door as brightness went to maximum. I switched it off and did the manual adjustment. still not a complete fix but might work for a day or two. 

So sad to see Samsung dumping their old models and still have an audacity to make fun of apple. 

Peace 

0 Likes
hoppingturtles
Student
Options

Just found a good solution! I keep my always on display on and have set it to 'Show Always'. After doing this, the green screen is gone! This proves that this is a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Marian_slovakia
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

i solve this problem by spam tapping bixby button and power button at the same time. Hope it works for you too.

0 Likes
Members_2znslNJ
First Poster
Options

I did all of this again and again...after weeks did again...seems my s9 is getting back to normal day by day. going to do couple of hard/soft reset and then its better than before but may have to sell soon and buy new one if attempts fails 

0 Likes