Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issues with my galaxy S9 Flickering, Green/Yellow tint and Black bars

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 03:22 AM)
Бане
Explorer
Options

So my phone was working fine the screen colors where ok I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and got back to this IMG_20201025_124324.jpgIMG_20201025_124408.jpgIMG_20201025_124510.jpgIMG_20201025_131432.jpg

as you can see the screen got a yellow/green tint out of nowhere, I thought it might have happened from heat (tho I have no idea how it might have goten hot since its 20 degrees in the room and the phone wasn't exposed to direct sunlight and was not in the vicinity of any heat source) and let it cool off for half an hour when i powered the phone back on I couldnt see anything on the screen although it powered up I saw the start screen with the same tint clearly once the phone booted up i got this IMG_20201025_150143.jpgand I couldnt make out anything and as of now i cant use my phone I can't call someone or I can't answer a phone call which is just .... fantastic, so I'm asking you guys do you have any ideas on what i should do to fix this issue and is there any explanation on what might be the cause of the issue. Looking forward to your replies.

64 REPLIES 64
Charro
Journeyman
Options

It's a pity how Samsung is ignoring their customers. 

It was the same to me, after the software update the screen started flickering in green.

Samsung, it's not only about fixing your fault, it's also about the customer trust.

I know that no one from Samsung will read it. I wrote about the same several times, so... good luck with your next devices. 

0 Likes
Ag96706
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same exact issue as everyone else. Still haven't been able to fix it. Noticed it happened after the most recent update.

0 Likes
Bharathi S
First Poster
Options

Hi, I too have the same problem but could not find any solutions... if you have any solution please ping me about it too..... this issue was faced just today only. And I don't know the cause..... everything was fine and one fine day it became like this.....please if u have a solution, share please...

0 Likes
Members_B5JJdxV
Apprentice
Options

I do not have a solution but this work around works for me.

When I have a yellow screen I noticed that when I place it on a wireless charger and the loading screen shows shortly, and I pick it up and unlock it with fingerprint the screen is normal again.

So I looked for a way to make that type of screen available and it is the clock! I turned it on as screensaver.

When the screen is yellow, I lock the screen, then I wait a second to let the clock pop up. Then I unlock it with my fingerprint. Not ideal but better then buying a new phone.

I give Samsung till januari to solve this. If it is not solved by then, my next phone will not be a Samsung, and neither that of my girlfriend, parents, children, friends and colleagues if I can convince them. Time to make Samsung a little more customer aware.

0 Likes
Charro
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if there is any class action/change.org/collective action to push Samsung to offer a fix?

0 Likes
Бане
Explorer
Options

Doubt they will fix the issue, it's been around for over a year so I really wouldn't get my hopes up but I do think it's a great time to buy a new phone preferably not from Samsung.

0 Likes
Бане
Explorer
Options

I'm not aware of that but would be cool if we unite to tell Samsung that they are a hot mess and if they can't program a security patch maybe they should just give up on their phone division, also it would be cool if the mods on the forum don't delete posts.

mnl669
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on S9 + for over a year and a half, I have tried everything without solving anything. The phone has never dropped and has never been mistreated. After an update it started to work badly, at first it was enough to turn the phone off and on again and everything returned to normal, then the only way to use it (badly) was to keep the brightness in manual and at maximum value.
Samsung created the damage and did not want to remedy it in any way, it could also have collected the defective models by making a discount coupon on a new device, but it did nothing.
I also had to throw away a Galaxy S8 for "BURN-IN" after two years and a little more.
In my Galaxy Note 4, after a software update, the front camera stopped working.
All problems were solved with assistance and replacement of very expensive components (exaggeratedly expensive), after a software damage created by Samsung updates.
Tell me if this is serious!
A company that I loved much more than the others and now I hate it ....
Despite myself, after 4 high-end Samsung models, between the S and Note series, I had to go back to Apple, at least there these things don't happen, and if they do somehow they solve them.
Goodbye Samsung ...

0 Likes
Anuragsinghal
Journeyman
Options

I have got a temporay fix to regain the display once it blacks out. If  some one has permanenet solution, please let me know.. Is someone wants to know temporary solution, let me know as well

0 Likes
Anuragsinghal
Journeyman
Options

I have got a temporay fix to regain the display once it blacks out. If  you want to know temporary solution, please let me know..or if have any other update, please let me know as well