Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 8/256, super bad battery life

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 01:58 PM)
Stacey S21
Apprentice
Options

Enabled all possible battery life saving methods, still my Samsung S21 still drain my battery: FAST.

I got my new phone (model SM-G991B) on Monday, April 12 2021 > and have not yet used my full workflow on it. Screentime is aprox 3 hours. Still I must charge my battery 2 times a day. This is a big No Go. 

With this drainage, I can't rely on this phone for a full workday outside without any charging outlets available. 

I hope Samsung will fix this with a software upgrade. 

39 REPLIES 39
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
So your conspiracy theory is that Samsung targeted random users to intentionally diminish their battery and thus make their phone appear inferior? Don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like a sound business strategy...

You see a handful of users with battery issues and you think it's some full blown conspiracy theory about planned obsolescence, only your theory breaks down when you realise it's affected the latest models too, so what was your point again?

If you can't remain consistent with your reasoning, who's going to buy whatever it is your smoking.
0 Likes
qcmut
Student
Options

2 days !!!  This is not possible (show me a screen shot).  A fully charged S21 ultra with new battery lasts 1d 2 hours to max. 1d 15 hours when not using the phone . SOT about 6 tot 8 hours depending on the use.

0 Likes
qcmut
Student
Options

Again these numbers are very good. I only reach 1d 2h and a SOT of 5 - 7 hours and this within spec. Shall we exchance our phones ?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@Stacey S21 Sorry your thread turned into a slanging match, the disruption has been dealt with. This is meant to be a friendly place even if there are differences of opinion. Looking forward to seeing how the phone settled down. 🤞
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The battery was fully charged yesterday and is on 52%, now. I'll upload a screenshot tomorrow.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think there's so many variables as to how people use their devices the results will be quite different amongst users.
I'm delighted with mine, it lasts twice as long as my S10 used to.
Stacey S21
Apprentice
Options

@pugs1957 I don't mind at all! All the comments are giving me more inside information of the S21 line. 

Unfortunately, my phone did not settle down. I couldn't get a half day of work through with the S21. I got so frustrated with the battery drainage.

Because we don't have a Samsung service center in the country I live in, I've decided to trade my newly bought device in for another new device that better suits my 'battery' needs (I switched back to Apple).

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! It was very helpful.

Stay Safe! 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry you've returned to the dark side!

Stay Safe
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is my usage.

Screenshot_20210416-154436_Device care.jpg

0 Likes