Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra was it a mistake?

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 03:57 PM)
Kimble2415
Explorer
Options
With everyone saying the S21 Ultra has so many problems was it a mistake buying it and upgrading from the S10+ or is everyone the full on techy folk that are expecting more than it is?

38 REPLIES 38
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Just pointing out that not, "everyone", as you claim, thinks that the S21 Ultra has, "so many problems"... as the replies on here demonstrate.

Perhaps you should choose your words and make your claims more wisely. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Kimble2415
Explorer
Options
Again I apologise for upsetting you obviously my words have hit a nerve I'll put it this way "everyone" on the S21 ultra search if that eases your mind..... To "everyone" else that answered me thanks for your input it has been very good.
Ironass thanks for pointing my unfortunate mistake out and I hope you get my Yorkshire sarcasm in that 😁😉
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
love love love it. have the S21 ultra... had a few issues... but have total confidence they will be fixed.

love the design... such an upgrade from my s10+

patience is a virtue 👍😉
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
...and just remember that generally forums like this page are used for people looking for answers that are unhappy.

Those many thousands of users that are very content with their phone don't often search forums or make posts as such.

It always seems a gloomy outlook from these pages !
- Smiley

Kimble2415
Explorer
Options
Thanks for your reply I usually give the benefit of the doubt as I trust samsung but an element of doubt was there after spending such alot of money.
The comments here have helped and eased my mind for sure 😁
danmidd
Voyager
Options
I've had the s21 ultra since day 1 having come from the p30 Pro I'm quite happy with ultra
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
https://www.reddit.com/r/S21Ultra/

This forum above is usually more positive and less toxic.

There are a lot of happy users here posting their experiences, photo samples etc.

It is based upon American region... so perhaps more biased on the US version... but there are also a lot of Exynos users here from the rest of the world.

some of these posts give confidence of some of the camera images that are possible.
- Smiley

mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

I changed my S6 (yes, I know, It's too old device) with S21U .. and.. (wait for it) .. I don't think it's the top flagship at the moment. Okay it's smooth, fast and etc but there are so many issues. I'm not happy with the battery, on paper it's so big and it's sound like I can use it hard for two days without charging .. but ... I need to stop mobile data to be able to achieve this target from 2 days. My current best result from SoT is just 3 hours, which is not great at all. (i'm not playing any games, videos or taking more than 2 photos per day).

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
did you prepare the phone from scratch, or synchronise data from your old phone using the Samsung switch ?

This has contributed a lot of these issues.. and generally due to app compatibility with Android 11 and OneUI3.1.

I also suffered bad battery after my first attempt of synchronising data.

I took the advice of others here and on the Internet... performed a full factory reset, and started from scratch without synchronising anything. Beforehand I saved all my contacts and calendar etc through Google and got these back no problem. But all apps and previous phone data I left and started again by installing apps directly from Google store.

the difference for me was a jump from about 3 to 4 hours screen time, to about 6 to 7 hours.

definately worth a try
- Smiley

mariyantest3
Explorer
Options

Yep! I did factory reset yesterday and just get contacts, clocks and calls history from Google. Installed only couple of apps and realized that now they are looking a little bit different from that I sync at the first time from my old device. But.. the result is look same, not very good battery life at the moment - Google play services is draining battery from nothing.. I don't know how to fix it, but it's not just that app (service) at all.

0 Likes