Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra SOT | WQHD+ | 120Hz

(Topic created on: 20-02-2021 08:03 PM)
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
Managed to get under 7 hours of SOT. According to Accubattery 11% has been drained from idle in 15 hours, what do you guys think...is that okay idle drain?
Latest Updates installed - AUB9

16 REPLIES 16
Rishab
Student
Options
my s10 is worse I barely get 4 hours of sot even though its brand new
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
my old S10+ which i still use every now and again is currently getting about 3 and a half hours maybe 4 on a good day but that's just under 2 years old so it's to be expected. How long have you had the phone? are u able to get in touch with Samsung about replacing it etc;
0 Likes
Rishab
Student
Options
iv had it about 2 weeks
0 Likes
Rishab
Student
Options
contacting samsung would be useless since they would claim it depends on app usage
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
not necessarily, you could claim that there's an issue with the battery..that it's faulty etc: i get that you think they probably can't do anything but maybe it's worth a shout reaching out to them? if not for any tips that could help you improve battery life. btw what's the idle drain like?
0 Likes
Rishab
Student
Options
I guess your right but iv had enough of contacting companies. my carrier pretty much scammed me out of my old s10 and after about 6 months of fighting they finally agreed to send me a brand new one. I just don't want to have to argue with them more. the idle drain is 1.3% an hour according to accubattery
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I get similar SOT 7-9 hours depending what apps I use
and that's just because I was on holiday.
I mean seriously most working people won't have the time to be glued on their phones for 7 hours a day unless you are just home doing nothing the whole day.
It's an unrealistic expectation.
I have got almost two days when working. So impressed with the battery.
7 -9 is the average SOT for the Ultra.
Also check under permissions for location access etc.
Chrome and Google store use a lot of background to keep apps updated.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I entirely agree with the comment about 7 hours usage every day.   apart from anything else that level of SOT is just not healthy ! 😀

All joking aside, i believe normal usage when picking phone up and down most of a day in between other  tasks, checking social media through the day, and with some usage in an evening, perhaps a bit of gaming, or a couple of episode of a boxset... that SOT (certainly for me) should be around 3 to 4 hours. 

My S21u doesn't seem to be as good as some have reported, but i get between 5 and 6 hours SOT... but that still all depends on what type of SOT !!   

If it is intensive gaming, constant videos etc then it is less.  If it is just web browsing, social chat, facebook etc, then it can be more.     For example, playing a game such as tombraider or likewise for just 30 minutes and it can drain the battery 15% !   However you can browse the web etc for 2 hours or more on the same 15% battery drain.  

I am pretty happy with my battery life now, and so long as there is still some juice left at the end of the day, it is job done.   Typically I have been going to bed on 35 to 40% spare battery each night...having used it for 3 to 4 hours  SOT. 

Pretty decent 👍

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The reason I think the S21 Ultra is great for battery isn't just because of its outstanding SoT, its because it can do it without compromise on all its features (max resolution, refresh) something I've never been able to achieve in past devices. Been impressed with it since I first got it.