Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra scratches caused by samung clear view case

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 04:48 PM)
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I have been so careful with my s21 ultra and use either the clear view case or rhe samaing case with s pen (want the clear view spen one but they are on long delays ) 

Have been out today and noticed I have a scratch on my clear view case which has also scratches my s21 ultra luckily I have rhe screen protector on but there is defo a scratch caused by the case 

I never have anything in my pocket to cause rhe items to scratch so has to be the case 

Has anyone else had this?? 
63 REPLIES 63
Poot1873
First Poster
Options

Did the cover mark the actual glass on yours or was it just the protective cover that came on it ?  I wasn't taking the chance with it so returned it.

0 Likes
dljitx
Apprentice
Options

Yes, it has marked the glass all the way up the right hand side of the phone, the protective cover that was on it was useless, it went through that to the glass, so it appears like scuff marks right at the right hand edge of the phone going all the way up the side.

0 Likes
Snapper99
Voyager
Options

Aye, good luck with that one... I had the same problem with the S21 Ultra 5G 512GB (Phantom Black) that I bought back in Jan under the pre-order promotion here in the UK.

Got the phone, pen and the smart clear view cover (the one that said it 'protects' the phone) on the 28th Jan, set it up and used it for 3 days before noticing all the scratches along one side of the screen and on the cover screen.

Rang Samsung to discuss, had a bit of a pass around before speaking to one of the Samsung shop reps. Was advised to return it for exchange (quoted a 3 to 5 day turnaround) and the collection was arranged...

Phone collected on the 2nd Feb 2021 by DPD. It was tracked all the way to the Samsung warehouse and arrived on the 3rd. No correspondence from Samsung to acknowledge receipt mind...

I rang to fid out what was happening and ended up with an email of the DPD delivery note, a picture of a stack of DPD crates in the Samsung warehouse and an acknowledgment that it had arrived. Give us 3 to 5 days to sort they said...

Nothing, rang again... this time to be told it hadn't arrived in the warehouse...  This led to another email and another one back to say yes, it was there...  Oh and the 3 to 5 days to sort comment as well. They have had it for 6 days at this point. Parting comment from the operator was to say please give us 10 days to sort now.

Wait another 8 days, another call...  It's out of stock now I'm told.... but the replacement will automatically get sent as soon as it's in stock   Great.... Not.

Went onto the shop page, checked and yes it's showing out of stock. Signed up for the stock alert email. Got my first 'back in stock' alert the next day, so taking the Samsung Shop agents word for it and that the system would automatically send one out I waited for the DPD delivery text...  No Phone....

Rang again, out of stock. Would I like a different one, a refund or wait for it to come back in?  Well I ordered the black one because I liked the black one and tbh didn't like the other colour/finishes available, so wait...

More stock in alerts follow, lots of stock alerts in fact.   No phone.  More calls (almost on first name terms now with the Samsung Shop agents on the phone), still out of stock. repeat calls, get out of stock excuse, rinse and repeat....

So, to DATE (11/03/2021) still NO PHONE despite it being a 3 to 5 day turn around on the 3rd Feb 2021....  Still get the 'In Stock Alert Emails'  and still get the out of stock statement from the agents...  Last one said it's back in on the 15th March, he wouldn't say what year when asked mind. 

Tbh, it's now got to the stage If one of the Samsung Shop agents (or anyone from Samsung's customer service team for that matter) stood in front of me and said it was raining outside, I would look out the window just to check they were telling the truth...

Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
Snapper99
Voyager
Options

Don't hold your breath for a quick replacement, or any replacement for that matter.... I've been waiting since the first week of February 2021 for a S21 Ultra exchange and I'm still waiting now.... 

Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
Coralie F
Student
Options

I bought my S21 Ultra phone on an EE contract 11th March.  Immediately went onto Samsung to get the official case, and S pen, same wallet fold over style I had had on my Galaxy Note 9 the Ultra is replacing. I have only had it ten days, and that panel (i believe it is the 'lip' to the black outer rim) has scratched the entire right hand side bevel of phone, all the way down. No screen protector on as never needed on the Note 9.  I rang Samsung customer services and best they can do is offer a £15 voucher to spend on Samsung stuff.  Um, my new phone is ruined, the case is not fit for purpose and cost more than £15 to buy.  They refuse to accept responsibility for what is clearly based on other comments here a case design flaw which is causing damage to expensive phones.  I am currently fuming, this is appalling customer service and looking at my legal options on this.

0 Likes
Coralie F
Student
Options

Exact same issue all down the bevel edge and onto screen. only had 10 days, and ruined. Samsung refusing to acknowledge the issue with this case.

0 Likes
Coralie F
Student
Options

Same as mine.  Wanted to just give a £15 voucher to spend on Samsung. My expensive phone is damaged and they won't take any responsbility. I can see on here it is a case design flaw, and they need to recognise and compensate.

0 Likes
dljitx
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I had no luck with Samsung Directly, they didn't want to entertain me with a solution to it and saying that as I purchased the genuine Samsung Clearview cover from a 3rd party and not them, they are saying that the case may not be a genuine one (even though I still have original packaging from 3rd party supplier (Amazon).  However, upon looking closer at the screen there appears to be an additional film overlaying the glass, which is another screen protector, it is tricky to remove this as its stuck very well and would appear to be part of the glass, but it isn't, I pulled this off and the screen is perfect.  I have now also purchased a tempered glass which works with fingerprint and have it on my phone, so I figured this one out myself.  Hope yours is the same?

Coralie F
Student
Options

Thank you so much.  Yes it does have that, just had not seen as never had phone come with a protecter before.  I haved ordered a non- Samsung hard case and front as not chancing the clear view  cover on the actual glass and no point having a constantly scratched looking phone with a protector on. It remains that the cover is not fit for purpose. Samsung should be able to sort this.

0 Likes
Blake7
Student
Options
I have same problem with the clear view cover 3 marks at moment all down RHS top, just past halfway down and one at bottom, I thought gorilla glass was tough and scratch resistant.
Peter Bl.
0 Likes