Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra restarting after June update!

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 02:19 AM)
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options

So frustrating! Is it me or have samsung started to really get rubbish? my watch 4 was bricked after an update in January, luckily i had proof of purchase and samsung gave me another watch as a replacement and now its my S21 ultra, which i purchased with cash and have no idea where the receipt is! I use my phone for work and it starts this restart loop sometimes, 6,7,8 plus times in one go, especially when opening a new app, if its on and idle, its fine. I have done all the troubleshooting, also a new battery and a technician even opened it to see if he could see anything obvious but everything was how it was supposed to be. Finally did a factory reset and still the same issues! Can someone guide me on what steps i can take with this? Im not sure if samsung will look at it as its out of warranty and potentially have no receipt. One thing I know this will be my last time with anything samsung, totally unacceptable for two of their premium phone and watch to just mess up like this after updates.. Unless they do this on purpose?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Make sure apps on both Samsung store and Google store are updated.
2. Make sure you are on the latest software update should be on June or July (just came out today).
3. Have checked if its not an app causing the issue?

That's all I can think of if you have already reset it and tried.

Worse case scenario could be some fault with internal cables come out loose or something.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
AaronAJ
Options

Have you had this inspected by an engineer, @Scoobs222 ? If you are out of warranty, any repairs done to the phone will be chargeable.

Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Make sure apps on both Samsung store and Google store are updated.
2. Make sure you are on the latest software update should be on June or July (just came out today).
3. Have checked if its not an app causing the issue?

That's all I can think of if you have already reset it and tried.

Worse case scenario could be some fault with internal cables come out loose or something.
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Yeah took it to the local phone shop and they sent it off to their lab but they couldn't see what's wrong with it.. anyway I installed the new firmware that was out today and it fixed the issue for day..
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Thanks pal, I found the new firmware and that did the trick! Still not impressed though, a company like samsung really shouldn't be having these issues on a regular basis. 2 weeks it caused me non stop problems!
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
So if it's out of warranty and a software update messes up the phone, would I be liable to pay for the repairs? Surely samsung should cover that seeing as it's a problem they caused..
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options

RUBBISH!!! The new software update fixed the issue for about 24 hours, it's doing it again but on a lesser scale than before.. can someone please tell me what to do.. apart from throw this **** away!!

0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
I had an issue with my s23 restarting. Started in May and steadily got worse. Tried everything and ended up getting engineer out. Ended up a fault with the motherboard.
0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
It could be the motherboard but it's unlikely, as the problem started with june update, July one fixed it for a day.. it doesn't get worse either
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
Mine started with May update but did get worse and in end was refusing to update or open apps or really function at all. Hope you get it sorted as know how annoying it is.
0 Likes