Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Members_wsMHqrW
First Poster
Options

I got mine last night. Switched it on at 9 am and battery down to 90% after 38 minutes and I was only browisng Google. Spoke to Samsung engineer who was adamant that the phone is still reconciling all my migrated infro from previous phone which will take a few days to settle. If battery isn't markedly improved withing 7 days to them call back.

0 Likes
Varun124
Explorer
Options

I've had the 256GB exynos S21U for 2 days now and the battery life is horrible, barely 4-5 hours SOT. I did use smart switch to transfer data, those that reformatted and did the manual setup let us know how its going In a day or two please.

GustavPS
Journeyman
Options

I also have very bad battery life. S21 Ultra Exynos version. Had it for 2 days. Yesterday I was down to ~20% with only 2.5h screen on time. My old S10+ had much better battery. I did use the Smart Switch, however I did not sync any apps

0 Likes
Feroze895
Journeyman
Options

Take a screenshot of your battery usage page and upload it please.

0 Likes
GustavPS
Journeyman
Options

Here is The current. Used about 30% with 1 hour on screen time. The phone also gets pretty hot sometimes while just using browsing the internet for example

Screenshot_20210129-144630_Device care.jpg

WayneH
Journeyman
Options

So I initially used Smart Switch but took the time to factory reset my phone last night, reloading ALL the apps again.  Today was a little better, but my old 10+ still outshines this battery.

This is with 5g disabled and FHD+ & Adaptive brightness.

Does @Samsung monitor this forum?  Surely we should get an official response from Samsung on this as it doesn't look like an isolated issue.

unnamed.jpg

AndrewL
Options

Hi all. Sorry to hear of your concerns regarding your current battery life. The S21 features the All-Day Intelligent Battery with an auto refresh rate, with is optimised through content and usage to help improve battery performance. With this in mind you may notice a higher than average discharge rate initially, as the device learns your usage and adjusts accordingly. With this in mind I'm confident that you will all see notable improvements to the battery as your usage continues. 

Varun124
Explorer
Options

The battery life is half of what it should be, I honestly don't think learning usage patterns will or should make that much of a difference.  There is clearly a software issue which Samsung needs to sort out quickly. 

Alexxxx2
Apprentice
Options

Im s21 ultra user. Just upgrade from s10 5g which was perfect on battery life. This one drain so fast. I thought it because of 120hz screen rate.but thjs morning i take out from charge when it was fully charged. In 3 hours it dropped to 92%. I also removed most of useless bloatware thru adb. So nothing working at the background. 

Dips12
Explorer
Options
I've got the same issues as everyone stated here: 4.30hrs SOT and it's dead. I use 4g/WiFi. Mostly browsing. 120hz WQHD on. Its incredibly poor, it wouldn't last my day at work, let alone anything else. I also got my handset early on the 24th. Does this make a difference? Mine also warms up and I don't game, so the gpu should be under under utilised if anything. Can someone advise of any fixes