Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
still waiting for an update here in the UK but hopefully will come soon with the fixes we all hope for
0 Likes
Scottyq
Apprentice
Options
Battery is really bad on my Samsung 21 ultra 512gb. I had a note 9 and the battery I thought was starting to play up compared to my new phone I recieved 2 days ago its great.
I spend most of the time trying to find out what is draining it and nothing is showing up. I saw a great post on YouTube to speed it up but had little affect I am sure the battery is faulty
but it appears alot of people having issues. I would say 5 hours is a push if you actually use it and don't worry about using it to save battery. but people in USA are raving about the battery what's the difference.

if now is I part ex my old note 9 and supposed to be sending it back....do I or keep it and send s21 ultra back
0 Likes
Scottyq
Apprentice
Options
but how do you get your photos and films across when there is no sd card slot. that's the frustration I want to take my stuff with me. even though smart switch didn't work properly anyway app wise but pics and films it was ok
GustavPS
Journeyman
Options

What is the version number?

Scottyq
Apprentice
Options
I love the fact we are helping and making suggestion to reduce the features on the phone to save battery. but I personally bought and paid 1500 for this phone to work with all its features and 5000mAh battery I would expect it to last. havent even started with 5g on yet...lol
0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Google photos if you are talking of storage

0 Likes
Leoxis
Explorer
Options

Just to remind everyone that your battery is not 5000mhA but it is 4855mhA download any app to check your capacity and you will see

Follow this link from the official web page and just type in the search 4855 and you can read the whole bullcrap small print:
https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g/specs/

dfgdf6545.PNG

daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
it's always been like that tho. my note 10+ is advertised as 4300 and rhe apps show around 4150
0 Likes
Leoxis
Explorer
Options

How is that even legal it blows my mind

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

It is normal...

The battery has a design capacity of 5000mhA but you will never see that! Over time, with use the full charge capacity drops and eventually you need to replace the battery. An example - My MacBook Pro battery has a design capacity of 5088mah but as of right now, it has a full charge capacity of 4792mah. That means by battery health sits at 94.7% which is good.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.