Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

just use it as an expensive door holder/stopper, don't throw it out the window :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Leoxis
Explorer
Options

I don't understand the whole purpose of having WQHD+ and 120hz and not using it because it drains the battery, that is the whole purpose we buy the top of the line phone to have all those extras!

Samsung should have done a way better job with this one, no point to offer something the phone cant handle

And I don't think any of us should watch a video of what functions to turn off to have normal battery management, that is just plain ridiculous.  I will understand if we paid 300$ for a phone.

@

Angels1111
First Poster
Options

I agree..

Battery life is by far the worst I've ever had..

S4 s7   s9 s10 now the s21 can literally watch the life drain from it with nothing or very limited running in. BACKGROUND 

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210204-112509_Device care.jpg

 Is definitely improving with the learning phase, 3 days ago I had just 7 to 8 hs Battery life with 4 to 5 SOT, now the results are going up day by day, hopefully after 4 to 5 days and maybe the next software update I can achieve at least a full day with 10 Hs screen on time, if I get that Im more than happy. 

SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I only get around 4-5 hours of SoT I was hoping it would improve after learning my usage pattern but it hasn't changed. My 2 year old Huawei Mate 20 pro can give me up to 6 - 7 hours of screen on time. I'm wondering why I don't get the same result as those YouTube tech reviewers when they do far more stuff on the phone. 

Screenshot_20210205-001236_Device care.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
rayy233
Student
Options

funny how they say it's a 5000mh battery but every app I downloaded reads 4855mh ....why just 4855 and not 5000mh i deal with battery ebikes all time i build them repack them and care for them and when I buy a battery for ebike they always meet or exceeds the manufacturer specs.but why s21 battery under 5000mh?

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

I believe is because they recieve the devices 2 weeks before the reviews, and they all release the reviews once the embargo was over, so they had a lot of time to play around till the battery learned their ussage habbits, or maybe they got the best performing devices from samsung to impress people so they buy.

But I would definitely wait a few more days and see, if not I ask for a another replacement.

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

They actually said that the battery 4855 mh on the specs, they announced as a 5000 mh battery but the fine print says that the battery is 4855 mh

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210204-173235_Samsung Internet.jpg

On this link at the very bottom you have the fine print with all the things they don't want you to know. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g/

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options
  1. Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 4855mAh for Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
  2. Estimated against the usage profile of an average/typical user. Independently assessed by Strategy Analytics between 2020.12.07-12.18 in USA and UK with pre-release versions of SM-G998 under default setting using 5G Sub6 networks (NOT tested under 5G mmWave network). Actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged and many other factors

So what is the typical usage of an average user ??? Where did they get that data and what is it exactly based on ? What apps installed, what tasks performed, etc ??!?! From all the posts here, I only see this > SAMSUNG YOU ARE A LYING SOBs!

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes