Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

@juan, nope I also haven't yet. Phoned Samsung. Just told me their courier will phone me. Hope I don't get pulled a fast one with this as well.

0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Surly Samsung will refund you for your trade - in phone as well? I am in the similar situation but I have not send my old phone back  because I want to make sure the new one is faultless. In the end I just return the phone, the case and pen and all the free gifts.  Let's wait and see if I will get the full refund.

0 Likes
DI613
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Juan greenfield , I heard nothing for 10 days so I emailed them and asked politely to send me confirmation. No reply for 3 days. So I emailed them again, with a bit stronger message asking to confirm if there is a problem or something with my claim,  and that I am thinking to return the phone. Got a reply next day that it has been accepted. Still thinking to return my phone though, sti have until the end of Feb to decide..

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

Yeah I’m still un sure on what to do. Called them about my phone on Friday the 5th and they said pack the phone up a DPD will collect Tuesday, booked the day off and waited in all day, nothing. Called up again asking why nobody turned up and didn’t get an apology or even an answer as to why nobody turned up. Anyway the phone was collected on Wednesday and now it’s the 4th day and still haven’t heard anything. Really am just debating getting a refund to be honest, there customer service has been useless. Not a single thing to try and help the customer out or even a response to the situation most of us are in. That is absolutely shocking.

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Takes upto 45 days

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

What does? I was told I’d have a new one with me within 3 days 

0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options

Sounds pretty horrific, I can't comment on the performance issues as i've been quite happy. That said seems pretty unfair what they are doing.

Worth getting it 'repaired' given the alternative, however if that doesn't fix anything there are a few thing you can do. 

If you're based in the UK you should be protected by the credit act, so can claim back against that if you purchased on credit.

Secondly threaten to report them to the business ombudsman, usually makes companies jump as the paperwork to respond is a bigger pain than just giving you the money.

They are on dodgy ground as your phone contributed to the cost of the new phone, so they aren't fully reimbursing you. make sure all your communication is recorded and you don't 'accept' anything they offer unless you are happy, as will weaken your case.

0 Likes
Benard12
Journeyman
Options
Upgraded from note 10+ 5g to 21 ultra. note 10+ lasted me easily all days. 21 ultra needs charging half way through the day.
0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

After a week of usage, I see that no apps are put to sleep, on my note, the unused apps were put automatically. Do you have to do it now manually on the s21.?

0 Likes
evanescero
Journeyman
Options

If it is helpful I'm in the US had terrible battery issues with my first device which I returned and now my second device is doing great with battery, even after the February update so I don't know what's going on... Just makes me think that there are some faulty phones. I got 8 hours SOT yesterday including a good chunk of time off wifi

Screenshot_20210214-084614_Device care.jpg