Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 11:04 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Okay so set up my new device. Too early to tell. On 15% from initial 55% after 4.5hrs with 1.5hr of screen time. I do however now get the software upgrade notification. I didn't get the new Feb update on my old phone until today and I'm just scared that this is that horrid previous update that messed things up?

Screenshot_20210213-153613_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
Varun124
Explorer
Options

Its been 2 weeks and I finally feel like im getting decent battery life (5-6 hrs SOT  with 5G  120hz and WQHD+).  Chrome disabled, smart things uninstalled.   For those of you who use dual sim, make sure VoLTE is turned off on the second sim and the SIM is set to 3G/2G to avoid battery drain from multiple LTE connections.

cjforce
First Poster
Options

I agree with you.... I've only had my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra for about a handful of days, the first day let alone the second day, I'm not too impressed with the battery life at all... it's no big deal as far as I'm concerned. I have Huawei P30 Pro and the only reason I switched over was because Google will not be supported eventually on the Huawei, so I decided to get a Samsung. I'm not impressed with the Samsung so far, the battery life is terrible. I turned it on and it barely last a day!!! Now what do I do?? 😒

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

Have you updated your phone to the latest software? AUB6

0 Likes
Darbis
Voyager
Options

yes they help

WA_81
Journeyman
Options

Wow well, it gets bleaker. I just had a terrible phone call with Samsung. I am being told to return my phone for diagnostics to determine if I have a faulty phone. I will however be without a phone for upwards minimum of 6 days (likely longer). Seems fair if I got sent a defective phone yeah? So I was advised to get a refund..so here is the kicker...If you took part in the Trade-In deal directly with Samsung you basically just got robbed. You can not get your old phone back [Which I figured but still] or any credit for it. You will get just what you paid back for the order.....BUT....They adjusted the cost of something [doesn't say] so I will be getting $20 less than what I paid....AND THEY HAVE MY OLD PHONE!!! How is this fair? I am officially done with Samsung. I won't even buy a TV, ALarm clock, or toilet tissue if they made it. Over..I can honestly say I have never been screwed so bad by a company before. We are not talking about getting a cold cheeseburger at Mcdonalds. These are expensive phones we are talking about. Love that I have a new phone I need to use on 3G now with all notifications turned off and the screen light practically set to zero. Thanks, SAMSUNG. Class act you are

Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry to hear WA_81...

Update: 2nd device. Had first full charge last night 3hrs before bed. Drained 25% overnight on wifi and cellular (do have weak cell reception in the bedroom though).

I am just not sure whether I should install the update which I'm being prompted with. Scared it is the faulty Feb update.

Samsung, if you are reading this. You can go (not so nice word) yourselves. After being a loyal customer since your first smartphones the pure lack of communication to a customer buying an expensive high-end phone is shocking. If you want to destroy and brand and reputation, well done, you are busy writing the MBA case study.

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

Same here, 25% minimum overnight drain. A total unacceptable number 

0 Likes
jessiedowlah
First Poster
Options

hey! I had the same problem. I actually got a refund for my phone because t was not only draining battery but over heating to the point where i could not physically touch it. on the first day which I had bought my phone, that battery frained from 42% to 15% in 30  minutes! I did not have any applications on the phone, my wifi and data were off as well as location and Bluetooth etc. 

I started to put my phone on power-saving mode, 60Hz refresh rate and drop the resolution but then  realsed that I did not pay for a high end phone with high end specs to not use them. 

I suggest you contact samsung and take your phone to a local repair center 

0 Likes
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Guys, BTW did any one of you recieved the Free Buds Pro from the pre order?? It's been more than 2 weeks and just received an email as soon as I send my registration, but nothing else so far.