Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 08:57 AM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

I dont have that standby drain. Here is a pic from my fourth full charge. I did not use the phone much, apart from Spotify and few Whatsapp/Viber checks and messages. Bluetooth and GPS were always ON and the phone was on 4G network. Took it off the charger around 11 AM CET yesterday.

Screenshot_20210211-084032_Device care.jpg

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah that is good, glad for you.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

I have not installed the Feb update as its still not here in the Netherlands T-Mobile. But what the hell is going on with so many different battery results from all of us? I cannot grasp whats behind this, really. Bad batteries, bad phones overall, some messed up software? 

0 Likes
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah I just played a video for nearly an hour for like 2-3% drain. Looks like it def is more the standby issue than anything else.

Stuart8
Navigator
Options

I’m sat here thinking, and surely, I could be wrong. But if it was a software issue.. wouldn’t every S21 ultra have the same problem? I mean I don’t really understand that side of the waters but to me surely that would make sense? Which makes me think it’s certain devices 

K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

@Stuart8 that is what I cannot also wrap my head around ... I cannot find the common denominator here in all those 55 pages. At the moment it all points out to QA issues on Samsung's end. Which is bad for a brand new flagship. But again, that won't be their first fiasco? 

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

I agree mate. I can’t work it out.. it seems to be the same or similar problems on different devices, some of which are experiencing and some aren’t. To me, software which gets downloaded on every device would have the same issue as the next one. But it doesn’t appear to be happening that way which leaves one answer, it’s the devices. I really don’t know though I’m just trying to figure it out. I returned mine for a replacement which is coming next week, maybe that might make a difference..

0 Likes
Stuart8
Navigator
Options

I’m also amazed that this page has been running for over 3 weeks and there’s not a blink from Samsung in trying to resolve the issues currently occurring. This is my first experience with an android and well.. I’m sure you can imagine the words which came from my mouth, not suitable to post.

0 Likes
Ajs3
Pathfinder
Options

Is there no way we can loop someone from Samsung in here?

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

for me its between 25% and 40% overnight drain while the phone is on standby, doing nothing. 

0 Likes