Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 11:46 AM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
Members_NLmZ5X9
Student
Options

I was quite impressed with the battery life of my S21 but since the latest february AUB3 update my phone has huge battery drain! going to sleep at 50% and waking up with 15% battery life, all idle. completely unacceptable!

(country firmware LUX)

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, sure. They already destroyed the experience. So I am done with them.

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

I am factory resetting the phone this morning and I will restore it with Smart switch. 

0 Likes
Muhazin Shereef
First Poster
Options

Dear Brother, 

I am also facing the same issue, battery is draining very fastly.  My Screen time is nearly 5 Hours only. 

*I am using 4 G only (But mostly the phone is in Wifi network)

*I kept almost all apps to deep sleep mode 

*Display light is very low

*Motion rate is 60hz 

*I didn't transfer my data using smart switch. 

So..What is the solution. ? What will samsung do ? We spent this much high amount for  a smartphone and getting this service. 

0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210210-173620_Device care.jpg

 today looks good tho, didn't do any gaming or waze today though

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

0 Likes
Ihatesammy
Pioneer
Options

the standby battery drain is horrendous. last night i went to bed with 41% and in the morning i had 8% and this was for a span of ~10 hours. Not acceptable at all. I have factory reset the phone a few hours back and restored everything with smart switch. I will post here if there was an improvement.

0 Likes
K Dimov
Helping Hand
Options

Screenshot_20210210-084435_Device care.jpg

This is my third full charge. Was busy with work so did not game an hour this time. GPS, BT (have a samsung Fit2 connected and Buds+) and WiFi always ON. Today will turn off the WiFi and spend the whole charge on 4G connection to see how it will go when on cellular as opposed to WiFi.

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

The worst part is that I have emailed samsung last week regarding returning the phone as per requested on the delivering (return ) note but still have not yet got a reply.

0 Likes
Lulek25
Student
Options

I've had the same problem with my Exynos S21. Since the last update on the 7th of February the battery life has been horrible. I can't even get 4 hours of SoT and the idle drain is huge. Before that battery life wasn't incredible but definitely much better...

0 Likes