Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Battery life really bad compared to all the youtube video review

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 04:27 AM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options

So I bought the new S21 Ultra on the pre order the day it was announced. I was one of the lucky ones to get early so I could leave a review. 

Coming from a Note 10+ that I had for a year and a half, I was really excited for the S21 Ultra, but was really disappointed with the battery life. I've had the phone for 5 days now and since the very beginning I've not been able to use the phone for the whole day on a single charge. It's been giving me screen on times comparable to my Note 10+ (4/5 hours) which is a much older device, but I thought maybe this was the way all S21 ultra's were behaving, just not very good battery life.

BUT, yesterday all the youtubers started to publish they're videos comparing batteries with older S devices and Iphones and their S21s were doing amazing, giving them screen on times of up to 13 hours! 

I contacted support but they said this would be normal as my phone was still learning user patterns... but I'm not sure if that would affect it as bad as it is at the moment. 

What do you guys think? Should I send the phone back? I'm really concerned that I just spent all this money on a new phone for it to be so bad with battery. 

972 REPLIES 972
steca41
Pioneer
Options

just a thought, a few comments have mentioned returning the phone back to samsung.

my question is, if you was to do that. what would happen to your old trade in phone that you send to samsung? would that be returned back to you?

0 Likes
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
I have no idea. but I assume that either they would give you the money that you got from the trade or the phone back 🤷🏽‍♂️
0 Likes
Options

Daeibeiro could you add me on any social media app to compare between our usage and try to figure out anything that helps ? My name on all social media Fady jan

0 Likes
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
followed you on insta
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
could be due to the most recent update. no doubt samsung will address the battery issues with a software update.
0 Likes
Feroze895
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20210128-232412_Device care.jpg

Second day with the phone and over 9 hours of SOT with 9% battery remaining.

WayneH
Journeyman
Options

So I had originally used Smart Switch to transfer my data.

After reading a suggestion in this forum, I did a full reset and manually loaded my apps last night. 

So far, so good. Battery seems much better. But will test during the course of today

0 Likes
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
please let us know if it makes a big difference 🙏
0 Likes
Scott Tyler Hall
Apprentice
Options

I am from South Africa, received the phone on 22 January. I have been following this thread waiting for an answer (I have tried all the suggestions).
Likewise, I am also averaging about 2 hours SOT. This is a little frustrating now.  I lose about 20% at night when the phone is just on standby. Somewhat comforting to see others are having similar problems.
If I find a solution I will post it here.

0 Likes
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

My 21 ultra give the screen time of 4  housr and 7 minutes. It's shockingly bad.