Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra 512gb.

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 10:19 PM)
TwentySeven
Apprentice
Options
I recently bought this phone and has some issues... overheating of I am using camera in general. Is a software or hardware problem ?

10 REPLIES 10
FlynnAncrum
First Poster
Options
contact samsung support team on the main samsung website this seems like a product fault unless you've been using the product extensively before hand. likely is a temperature sensor issue
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Probably a bit of both. Mine has substantially cooled since last week or so when my phone got so hot after using Lightroom I was worried it would be damaged, completely autrageous temperature. Never noticed because I wasn't touching the phone I was using the S Pen in a kickstand case. Optimising my apps through galaxy labs, deleting old apps I didn't need downloading the latest versions of stuff I think all helped me.. If you haven't already downloaded galaxy labs which has a thermal battery and CPU checker that you can toggle up or down, I think it throttles the CPU when it reaches the temperature level you choose. Though the data gives no numbers just emojis and partially guessed reasons why it got so hot. There's more likely a better app to track temperatures but I'd for sure download that. What's version of software have you got installed?
0 Likes
TwentySeven
Apprentice
Options
I was just trying camera features for like 5 min.. and even if I let the phone on charge is getting hot..
0 Likes
TwentySeven
Apprentice
Options
I have done all the new updates so I have the last ones.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes that for sure is a big issue. That's never happened to any previous phone of mine. I'm not even using super fast charging. I sit mine now partially on top of my metal bodied laptop with the camera bump hanging off so it's the back lays flat. I'm not pleased with the temperatures the exynos chips reaches vs the snapdragon ones at all.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Weird Im the first to comment on that thread and I never followed it up. I did use smart switch, if it's that is a major factor and I have to reset my phone then that's just perfect. Aaaaammmaaaazzzing!
Gionike
Voyager
Options
hope it solves it for you
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
It's not gotten super hot since that day in question but I haven't used lightroom either which is a very power hungry app. But I know I'll go crazy at some point with nothing to do whilst furloughed for what could be two more months so I'll add it on my to do list in the " tasks to do when bored to tears" section. Cheers for the link.
0 Likes