Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Slow Charing and no USB connection even after replacing USB-C port

(Topic created on: 24-02-2024 12:39 PM)
tdeboutte
Student
Options

Hello all,

My S21 charges very slowly (6-7 hours for a full charge) with a cable, but it charges fine wirelessly (even fast charges wirelessly). I tried different cables and multiple charging bricks, still no luck. My PC also doesn't detect it and wired USB-C headphones don't work either. 

I replaced the USB-C port with a new one (original Samsung part). It still didn't solve my problem. I also read multiple posts stating that I need to wipe the cache partition. As I can't get the USB-C port to connect to anything, I can't get into recovery mode.

Did anyone run into this problem or help me to find a solution?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Options
Could be battery options in settings.

Has it always been like this?

Or

Only since it had that small drop while connected a month or so ago?
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
tdeboutte
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I checked the battery settings, and fast/super fast charging options are turned on. Tried switching on/off and it didn't work. It's possible I dropped my phone while charging, but that shouldn't really be a problem anymore since I replaced the USB-C port yesterday. 

Also it's not only fast charging that doesn't work, but also none of my USB-C peripherals work (headset, USB-C drive, Ethernet adapter). So my assumption is there is something wrong with the USB communication. 

0 Likes
Options
If you changed the usb, could you have gotten the wires wrong?

Also check on developer settings if you missed a usb setting.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes
tdeboutte
Student
Options

I removed and reconnected all the ribbon cables to make sure they were making good contact. The developer settings are turned off, and for good measure I reset the phone to factory settings. Still not working

0 Likes
Members_fsTPbLk
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem here, a technician in a repair shop even changed the platine after the new usb port didn't work but nothing. it only does charging since the shitty UI6 update, not USB connection. fast charging only with usb c to usb c and a fast charging plugger. 

0 Likes