Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 loses 4G connectivity

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 08:29 PM)
Jommy_5
Journeyman
Options

My Galaxy S21 sometimes loses the internet connection despite showing the 4G icon. Switching airplane mode on and off brings it back for a minute or so, but repeated internet speed tests show progressively lower download speeds,  till it reaches 0. I'm in an area with very strong signal, and even when the connection works it can range from 200 to 20 Mbps in a matter of minutes. I've tried to reset the network settings, and Android is updated. Also changing operator, and hence SIM card, didn't helped.

By Googling the problem there are lots of users that report extremely unstable internet connections. See for example

Are all S21 like mine?

77 REPLIES 77
Hassank
Explorer
Options

benvenuto amico, samsung service called me and they told me nothing wrong with your device, come and take it back. so i took it back today and hopefully the problem doesnt continue. they are not understanding that i am not the only one having this problem and its a critical problem. i will start using the device again tomorrow. will update you all

RorschachKovacs
Explorer
Options

I saw this happen once on mine. A soft restart sorted it thankfully.

0 Likes
Hixroni98
First Poster
Options

So did you get a refund yet, i got my s21 ultra on march and alway have connection issue but just put it off as my area having poor signal. But then my sister recently got herself a52 5g and her network connection seem fine. This is just disappointing , had i know this i should just get myself an a series with qualcomm chipset also idk if i can refund it since it been a couple month. Also the conection issue always start when i tried switching to other app or had download in the background is yours the same? Other problem i encountered, sometime the phone especially after i watch youtube for a couple of hours. 

0 Likes
UltraX
Pioneer
Options
Every few minutes the network freezes and I have to put it in airplane mode and remove it to make the mobile network work again

Screenshot_20211213-213311_Brave.jpg

0 Likes
Hassank
Explorer
Options

wlecome to the club bro, no one had his issue solved yet 😞

0 Likes
Praveen Kumar
Apprentice
Options

Hi @UltraX.

This is the exact network issue I am facing as well. 

Screenshot_20211214-182138_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
MrYk
Student
Options

Hi, i have the same issue for about a 1 a 2 months now and it's driving me crazy.  I just tried switching off data warning and my 4g just came back and ile hope it stays. Not sure it will fix it but just wanted to share it withe you guys. 

Hoping a update will fix this issue

0 Likes
MrYk
Student
Options

Yeah so this also dint work for long best option right now was to open en close flight mode brings it back , but still not fixing it . Ile go to the shop to see what they say. 

0 Likes
Edmund Ng
First Poster
Options

ccasionally experiences mobile data drop outs and call drop

0 Likes
Options

Yup. Its happening to me. i'm using samsung galaxy s21 ultra. I have tried two diff..telco service provider here in Malaysia (digi n u mobile) and the problem are the same.

0 Likes