Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 dual SIM battery

(Topic created on: 17-12-2023 09:11 AM)
sarkar
Student
Options
Hey since last update from Samsung in November,I noticed my phone battery drains very quickly.
Is it a bug, how to fix it??
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Other users have actioned a Wipe Partition Cache and this has improved things including the battery.
0 Likes
sarkar
Student
Options
How do you that?

Thanks
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Ignore the bit about usb c headphones as that doesn't work since One UI6 I'm told.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
You can also Repair apps via the Recovery Menu.
0 Likes
sarkar
Student
Options
U will definitely try that, Thank you.

Do I need to back up before doing this. Any chance loose my data.

Thanks once again.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sarkar: Wiping the cache partition won't affect your personal data, however if you're concerned then please head to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Backup data prior to completing the steps above. 

If the problem persists, charge your phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches around 30%, then head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Tap on the usage graph, then check the breakdown of your usage at the bottom of the screen. Are there any apps or features listed that are using a higher than expected amount of battery?

0 Likes