Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Discussion

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 09:44 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hey all,

Can someone recommend any tips/tricks when first receiving the S21 to prolong its usage as long as possible? I would like for it to last more than a couple of years lol. Any videos that help with this; please let me know as that would be much appreciated😀. I'm specifically getting the S21 5G SM-G9910 Dual SIM 256GB/8GB Snapdragon Variant.
13 REPLIES 13
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's completely up to you @LiquidSnake 

The phone's battery won't reach optimum output until it's been charged and discharged for a few time's.

However letting it go to 100% won't harm the battery.

I hope you like your new phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Yeah, I'm loving it 😋. Just wanted to let you know that the Spigen tough armor case sticks out over the front, so I feel like there is no need for the whitestone dome glass screen protector. Also, these are quite expensive as I looked for previous samsung models and I seen at one point £49.99 for one!! I also don't think it's available for the S21 anyway 😀.

Got a question; On the S21, at what percentage does super fast charging & fast charging stop and switch to regular charging, when charging from ~20%?

P.S. Can you recommend any good kickstand cases, which also negates the need for a screen protector? I want one where it can be used landscape and portrait. The only one that I could find is the spigen tough armor, which only does landscape anyway.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Is there a service/app to check apk files for badly written code? I'm just curious and hope none of the apps I have (like Honeygain) is something the S21 cannot manage.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Best practice is just to stay clear of Apk files altogether @LiquidSnake 

Your phone is initially set up to reject downloads from unknown sources unless you circumvent this and let the download happen.

Downloading from the sanctity of the Playstore where apps have been vetted and then checked by your phone automatically is the best option everytime.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "