Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 bluetooth codec support?

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 09:18 AM)
happyguy
Student
Options

Hi there - wondering what bluetooth codec are supported in the S21? Specifically wondering about aptX, aptX HD, LDAC? I know there is a samsung specific scalable codec but that doesn't help with my non-samsung headphones.

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
Members_WkH2stf
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just got bought my new S21 ultra. I was trying to use my Sony WH-1000XM3 with LDAC with no success. I'm only getting Aptx codec. Does someone know if LDAC is supported on this new phones? Thanks! 

HeavyHanded
Journeyman
Options
Got my S21 ultra today and using with Sony WH-1000XM3's. At first it was hsing aptx after a little play around I found the option in Bluetooth devices to turn on LDAC and appears to be working well. Screenshots show the option to turn it on and the sony headphones app showing it is working.

SmartSelect_20210130-000148_Headphones_6152.jpg

SmartSelect_20210130-000132_Settings_6151.jpg

HeavyHanded
Journeyman
Options
For OP here are the supported codecs from dev options. Also shown are stats for when LDAC is in use. Max bit rate you can select for LDAC is 990kbps (not shown in pics).

SmartSelect_20210130-000643_Settings_6153.jpg

SmartSelect_20210130-000714_Settings_6154.jpg

0 Likes
happyguy
Student
Options
thanks all, a relief that you can use LDAC !
0 Likes
Alberto129
Apprentice
Options

Hi, do you get this option by default? I was trying to change codec but I do not get this option on Bluetooth settings and when going to developer options only SBC is selectable, HD audio and LDAC buttons are Grey and cannot be chosen.

Could there be something I'm missing?

Thanks

Wavex
First Poster
Options

Hey. I've found on my android (Oneplus), that you need to have a pair of compatible headphones connected in order to be able to choose the other options. You can't just set them as standard. So, if you find a pair of LDAC headphones and connect them, you should be able to see LDAC as an option then. Hope that helped.

Members_6F47PEq
First Poster
Options

Yes there are many headphones high quality but Samsung got no quality in software team they just disabled aptx adaptive and aptx ll en aptx HD. When you ask why you get stupid customer service answer! They have scalable from themselfs to promote only aptx classic (suoer old codec...) is available when developer mode is active... so bad samsung you will loose many customer in future because of this the internet is full of complaints.

We do NOT want Bixby but google assistent and we want al high end codec and not something from samsung the codec that is supported by uuuuhmm.... NOTHING.

So next phone no samsung problem is i have to change tablet as well same crappy audio low end garbage in what they call flagship please dont make me laugh youre company is too big and what happens next is dont care about customer....since this trouble is already begun since S8 which have had the setting but after updates etc no more working just not selectable so i need to use my b&w soundbar with aptx adaptive sent unit to sent to my b&w headphones bt 5 ofcourse to get highest quality audio through chromecast which just plays al quality format!! Yes samsung time for action instead of stupid answers! Enable the thing again now people have to root their devices so bad and ugly dont you think?!

Profess0r
First Poster
Options
Hello, I bought a mecanfire s90 headphones that support aptx but when they enter developer and try to put aptx it does not leave me gray, the hd audio does not let me activate it or the Hz or the bits and I do not understand why it is by default with sbs
0 Likes
Edwardmcardle
Pioneer
Options

This needs to be highlighted, shameful that a "flagship" is crippling audio streaming quality