Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 battery life

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 04:44 PM)
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I see alot of posts on here about how bad the s21 battery life is. Mine is the same. I have done all the battery saving tips with apps display etc. Its still pretty bad. I think it is possibly the exynos processor as it can get quite warm and I've heard it is worse for battery life then the snapdragon processor. Can someone tell me if they have issues with the battery life on the snapdragon variant?
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
this is a major problem across the series sadly, some cases are bad enough to warrant a replacement others are bad but expected to be fixed in coming updates and a fair few now are starting to report the latest updates helping.

what kind of battery life do you experience, high, medium or low power settings ? Screen on Time?

just to get a general idea.

I've had to opt it for replacements of my 3x S21U 512/16 models based on advice from Samsung but I also have a few other issues with mine including very poor performance compared to others with the same model or even the ones below.
0 Likes
Emmaella
Student
Options
hello benny, I have the same problem with my S21 ultra. have you been able to resolve it???.
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
it varies really. average probably about 5 to 6 hours on screen time with a full charge.120 htz is on because I turned it off and didnt see much difference so turned it back on. it's probably about right. I just seemed to get more with my s10 which is 2 years old. I don't do anything that should be strenuous like gaming though. just browsing really.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
yeah that's the same boat ive been in, alongside severe overheating and performance issues.

this is quite common on the S21 series at the moment but as mentioned more and more people are reporting the updates have fixed it or at least seeing improvements.

have you received the latest march update from within the past 48hrs?

how old is the handset ?
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
no. mine doesn't drain that badly when not in use. probably 5% in a few hours. I have heard a few people say this about the ultra aswell. are you using the latest software update? there is an app called galaxy labs also that tells you how hot your phone is getting and you can put threshold limits on it. although if it's draining while not in use it probably is not getting hot. if I were you I would start another topic but for the ultra so people with that phone can give you some suggestions. also look at some videos on utube. there are some on there with decent battery saving tips.
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
there's a utube video above that someone posted a link to might help you.
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
no not had the update yet. it is about a month old.
0 Likes
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
*For all those with the s21 series having battery and overheating issues*
I did a lot of research before upgrading to the s21 and the first thing I saw from threads like this is not to transfer your files from your old phone to the new one using Samsung's own Smart Switch particularly Apps (something to do with the apps being incompatibly transferred over from an older operating system I believe).
I avoided this and don't have any issues although I appreciate this may not be the case for everyone but it's worth a try.
Good luck! 🤞
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If I left mine running YouTube continuously without any change in settings it would get somewhere between 11 to 12 hours SoT. I'm using dark mode with fixed 15% screen brightness, WQHD+ @ 120hz on 5G.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I got dark mode on myself in all possible apps and places lol^^

if I kept it at your settings I'd be looking at 4 hours tops, it's crazy