Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20fe Battery Drainage

(Topic created on: 22-03-2024 10:01 PM)
chil1978
Apprentice
Options
Hi, since the UI 5.1 update, both mine and my wife's S20fe has been dropping battery % in a rate of knots. I am having to charge my phone at least twice a day; we both teach so are not on out phones for a lot of the day but when we look they have lost at least 30-40%. I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips but still having the problems. They are also heating up at times too.
I have been advised to do a factory reset 9n them, but I don't really want to have to set them up from scratch again. Plus, they were both absolutely fine until we updated them.
Has anyone else had this issue?
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you haven't done this
Try Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone before you go down the factory reset route
Also look at the battery and device care to see what is actually using the battery most
If you notice an app or theme using more than you expect. Try uninstalling it or them and reinstall
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wiping the Partition Cashe clears out a lot of old or corrupted information that can cause issues

Follow the steps below. You must follow every step and you should be done in about a minute

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable
to PC or another Samsung mobile

You will see the charging icon on your screen.
Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage.

Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.
You can press the volume up button just before the Side key.
The Samsung Logo followed by
Samsung Galaxy appears on the
screen.

At this point, release the keys
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose "Wipe Cache
Partition" .
Use the power button to accept that.
You will then see its cleared.

Then the top option, reboot phone.
Press the power button to reboot the phone and then sign in normally
0 Likes
chil1978
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I'll try this tomorrow and see if I have any luck.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's worth a go and if it does work. Saves you the time and hassle of resetting
It literally takes about a minute to do if you follow all the steps
chil1978
Apprentice
Options
Just wiped the cache partition on both mine and the wife's phone and now charging them. Will monitor it over the next couple of days to see if it's worked. Thanks again.
0 Likes
chil1978
Apprentice
Options
Okay, so I wiped the partition cache and it's been a day and the battery appeared to be stabilising normally. However, I have just installed the March 1st update thinking that it contained fix for the battery and lo and behold, my phone is now overheating. I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that it is an issue with my battery as this always happens after an update.
I've also just looked and in the time it's taken me to type this, my battery has lost 4%
0 Likes
potatopop1974
First Poster
Options
My s20fe is doing this too..... just started recently.. any ideas?
0 Likes
chil1978
Apprentice
Options
I wiped the partition cache, uninstall the updates for Google Play Services - then updated and finally double checked for any software updates. It get get a bit hot for a day but seems to have levelled up now, so fingers crossed it's sorted it for now.
0 Likes
potatopop1974
First Poster
Options
Thank you!
0 Likes