Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 ultra sim manager comes on at startup?

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 10:04 AM)
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

Every time I switch on my phone the sim manager pops up, no apparent settings to change, I click done and back to normal. But why and how to stop it? Or maybe there's a setting I need to to change. 

Everything works fine 

Go to solution
78 REPLIES 78
lucidnx
Explorer
Options

sadly.. thanks for letting us know :smiling-face:

0 Likes
melquimachado
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. S21 Ultra Exynos Brazil. Latest Android 12 update

0 Likes
obrobrio2000
Voyager
Options

I've the same issue on my Note20 Ultra. Samsung Members support told me that this is a chipset limitation. I replied that even if it's a hardware limitation you can just add a "don't ask anymore" option so that the system automatically "scans" SIMs without asking the user to press OK every single time. However, since it is a chipset limitation and since I plan to upgrade to the Z Fold4 when it comes out, I'd like to know if newer models have the same problem (they have different chipset, so in theory they shouldn't). Apparently reports are only from S20 (and N20, since they've same chipset), nothing from S21, so I guess this has been solved in newer models with newer processors... I hope so...

0 Likes
Members_GKSGb56
First Poster
Options

Samsung S22 Ultra, and have same issue and is boring already. 

0 Likes
Chayze
Explorer
Options

Samsung Galaxy S23+ has the same issue, using eSim just like @Weatherman.

0 Likes
mathew227_1
First Poster
Options

there is any solve ? maybe an update ?

0 Likes
Jabberwock
Navigator
Options

I have this on my brand new Fold 4 too. I have just 1 esim.

0 Likes
Members_B2XGLec
First Poster
Options

S22 Ultra. 256GB. One normal SIM, one e-SIM. No SD-card. Every time the phone reboots, the SIM manager pops up. Really annoying. 

0 Likes
WakeX
Student
Options

S23+ 512GB here, very annoying that the "Update SIMs"-popup shows up after every start of the device, even when I'm only using one eSIM (which can't store contacts like traditional SIM cards anyway, so updating it makes no sense).

Either suppress this popup automatically when only one eSIM and no other SIMs are active or give us a setting to turn it off forever manually please.