Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra Camera Focussing Issues

(Topic created on: 29-05-2021 10:16 PM)
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
Hello everyone,

I have noticed the camera on my S20 Ultra seriously struggles to focus between 1x and 3x and jumps around when attempting to focus. On the other hand, focussing isn't an issue at 0.5x, 4x and 10x.

The camera didn't always have this issue and was performing far better in previous updates. I suspect it is a software bug!

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if so, do you have any recommendations on a fix? If not, could a member of the Samsung Team kindly look into this please.

Thanks
38 REPLIES 38
Members_ixmcaVe
First Poster
Options

Facing the same issue from several months. Really disappointing samsung did not do anything about it in 7 months. Hopefully OneUI 4.0 will fix it. 

0 Likes
Wlado265
Navigator
Options

I updated to android 12 just yesterday and there is no improvement, I did everything after the update, reset to factory..., wipe cache.... but its the same ☹️ 12.0.01.6

0 Likes
Wlado265
Navigator
Options

12.0.01.6 is the camera version on android 12, one ui 4

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi there @Wlado265 

If you're still experiencing this issue, it might be best to send in an Error Report so our engineers can get a better understanding. You can do this by heading into the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Reports. Please be sure to include as much detail too. 

0 Likes
Wlado265
Navigator
Options

yeah I did and they answered me that I should update to the latest fw even I told them im already on one ui4, then that I should run in safety mode...... clear cache ........ everything what i did before so im guesing they have some working instrutions to answer such Q...., i would rather welcome if they can send it to some R@D.... I know  its maybe n9tbimportant for them to fix it as this is almost 2y old phone but this was for sure caused by some fw update around may- august, in such cases Im really not sure if I should buy s22ultra or how it would be named, i think its crazy to everytime when i want to shoot i have to shake with my phone as lens is stucked or what, it unacceptable on 1300€ phone

Kris G
Voyager
Options

go to S21 forum on here, they got same/similar problems, with additional probs with mobile data signal.
I got rid of the S20Ultra, never again i will buy any Samsung phone. That is the sad truth.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

If you're having to shake the phone to use the camera, it may be an issue with the camera itself. Have you tried getting this inspected? If not, please reach out to our Support Team, as they'll be able to raise this for you: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Puebloman2567
Journeyman
Options

Yes!  I have had the same issue with my s20 Ultra for over a year and every 'fix' I have tried is an absolute FAIL! Samsung should just auto upgrade us to the S22 for FREE!!!  As we have had to live with this POS s20 camera focus issue for 2 years!!!

Puebloman2567
Journeyman
Options

I have done the same thing.  I feel your pain!  Smdh

Puebloman2567
Journeyman
Options

20220306_105505.jpg

 1x - blurry!!

20220306_105516.jpg

 2x - blurry!!

20220306_105541.jpg