Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e not receiving updates

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 11:24 PM)
coolbreeze1
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, I'm a long time Samsung user (started with an S2, then S4, S7 and now S10e) though this is my first post here. 

I'm in the UK. A couple of years ago, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S10e from an ebay seller. It all worked fine and the whole family ended up getting S10e's to replace their aging S7s and S4s from the same seller. They've been working fine, except only one of them receives Android updates. 

It turns out these were AT&T phones, yet they are unlocked and we're all using UK carrier SIMs fine.

One is up to Android 11 and regularly installs updates still. The other 3 phones are still stuck on Android 9.

I haven't been able to contact the original seller.

I noticed the "Service Provider SW ver." is different on the ones that don't receive updates. It says

SAOMC_SM-G970U_OYN_ATT_PP_0036 R38M20GMFRZ ATT/ATT/ATT whereas the one that receives updates says SAOMC_SM-G970U1_OYM_XAA_RR_0007 XAA/XAA/ATT

Do I need to update the Service Provider string to be able to receive updates?

If so, how do I do that? Or do I need to do something else? 

0 Likes
Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hiii, what about the android 12 based on one UI 4 after the update. Even I flashed my s10e with G970UI firmware with security patch level December 2021. I'm excited for android 12 :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Christianihechi
First Poster
Options

It seems the link there isn’t working; I was able to find the newer version of the article https://samsungflashfiles.net/change-csc-samsung-galaxy-phones/ @

0 Likes
jzamoras
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm reviving this thread. I'm using XAA CSC and I haven't received any updates from november. Am I missing somethng? thanks

0 Likes
Dr_Eti
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am experiencing a very similar issue as the one you address above (i.e.: got my device from eBay a couple of months ago; I'm UK-based; and apparently my S10e is "up-to-date" despite running on Android 10, OneUI v 2.0, and a three year old security patch - also, setting up SmartSwitch to pre-download the latest software update won't change the situation) 

The only difference from the other case is that my service provider SW ver terminates with GCF/XAA/ATT . Namely, it reads: SAOMC_SM-G970U_OYN_GCF_QQ_0005R38N1042A8R GFC/XAA/ATT

Should I also follow the same process & links you provide above for the previous case to flash the G970U1 XAA firmware ?

Many thanks in advance for considering my query

0 Likes