Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace or keep S10?

(Topic created on: 01-03-2024 03:12 PM)
ollieogb
Student
Options
I have had an S10 from new, it's in A1 condition, but I've just learned it's no longer supported with security updates. Is it fine to keep it or should I replace it. I don't want the expense unless absolutely necessary 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JerryS
Voyager
Options
So no more security updates could be a risk so I guess you'd have to weigh up whether you can accept that risk. Also at some point you might start encountering compatibilty issues with latest app versions. Are you comfortable with your storage capacity? I think you can add to it with up to a 512GB microSD. And is your battery life still good enough for you? It will have deteriorated over 5 years. But if you're OK with those considerations and it's performing well enough with the apps you use then sounds reasonable to me defer an upgrade until the expense is ok. Hope this helps!
ollieogb
Student
Options
Thx JerryS
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I appreciate some customers will have Budget constraints, the risks though increase when no longer eligible for security updates. Granted some vulnerabilities are of a more minor nature but each patch addresses more severe risks.

If not upgrading at present time can improve safety by ensuring apps are up to date and be careful with the granted permissions. Ensure you only download Apps from the official stores ,additionally best to avoid public wifi.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.