Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Touch Interaction" vibration not working even while System Sound "Touch Interaction" works

(Topic created on: 07-09-2023 12:14 AM)
jb148
Apprentice
Options

My S21 has all of the sudden stopped sending haptic feedback for a number of different touch interactions.

Example: I have my phone on Vibrate. If I go to select an App or if I were to toggle my bluetooth on/off there is no vibration feedback.

If I switch my phone to Sound and repeat the same actions there is a sound feedback for everything.

I have confirmed that the "Touch Interaction" setting is enabled in the System Vibration menu. In fact, all of the vibration settings are enabled.

I have restarted the device, reset accessibility settings, reset all settings, toggled all of the vibration settings. Ensured that Power Saving is not enabled.
I ran the Vibration Diagnostic tool in the Samsung Members app. Both the Call and Notification vibrations came back normal.

Screenshot_20230906_171926_Settings.jpgWhen I disable Vibration Touch Interaction the toggle switches within the settings no longer provide any haptic feedback. So I know it is working for some things. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@jb148: Myself and a few of my colleagues have recreated your query, and have noted that the System vibration > Touch interactions feature only appears to provide vibration feedback on the Navigation Bar, and won't work for basic touch interactions (like it does for System sound > Touch interactions). While I appreciate that this is a bit confusing, this is an expected behaviour based on our findings. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
jb148
Apprentice
Options

Since I originally posted this I have also tried Restoring from a previous backup, Clearing the cache partition in the boot menu. Issue persists.

I booted the phone in safe mode and confirmed that the issue is even present when using safe mode.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you want to you could Reset your 'Reset all settings ' in the reset menu.

It might just do the trick.

You would obviously have to set your WiFi and your phone up again like your wallpaper theme and stuff.
0 Likes
jb148
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately I have already tried this without success. I tried it again because I don't really have any ides. No change, issue is still present. Thank you for the suggestion though.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@jb148: Myself and a few of my colleagues have recreated your query, and have noted that the System vibration > Touch interactions feature only appears to provide vibration feedback on the Navigation Bar, and won't work for basic touch interactions (like it does for System sound > Touch interactions). While I appreciate that this is a bit confusing, this is an expected behaviour based on our findings. 

0 Likes
jb148
Apprentice
Options

Understood, Thank you. That is pretty unintuitive behavior but I'm glad it's at least not something wrong with my phone.

0 Likes
wyabcp
First Poster
Options
I have s24 plus, and I'm sure my app icons etc were haptic, but now seems to of stopped, or am I imagining it too?
0 Likes