Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about csc codes

(Topic created on: 22-08-2019 11:06 AM)
12651 Views
Some-dude
Navigator
Options

Hello,

I was reading about csc codes and I still can't really figure out some things. The reason I was reading about csc codes is because of this thread I started on the Samsung community forum: click.

Long story short: Normally I get my updates really fast, but this time I don't so I wondered why. Reason why I think something might have changed is that I downloaded my last big update in France. Could that have changed anything?

I have this phone info app which shows the following:

  • Original csc code: empy (is this normal?)
  • Firmware csc: DBT (which is German. Why?)
  • Active csc is PHN (which makes sense because I'm on a Dutch carrier).

It's the German part that surprises me. Is this normal? I bought it from a Dutch shop and I live in the Netherlands. Also when I look up DBT it's also showing OXA (BTU, CPW, DBT, ITV, KOR, XEF, XEO). What does that mean?

Can somebody shed a light on these questions? Thanks!

 

 

 

0 Likes

1 Solution


Accepted Solutions
Solution
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@Some-dude wrote:

@doesitmatterAlright thanks for elaborating.

I stil think it's weird that it looks like the Phone info app gives different info than what software info says, but I'll accept it  (although that's really hard haha).

Cheers.


No idea what app you're speaking of, and clearly it's giving out wrong info.

 

No need for an app, as your device tells you the correct info.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@Some-dude wrote:

Hello,

I was reading about csc codes and I still can't really figure out some things. The reason I was reading about csc codes is because of this thread I started on the Samsung community forum: click.

Long story short: Normally I get my updates really fast, but this time I don't so I wondered why. Reason why I think something might have changed is that I downloaded my last big update in France. Could that have changed anything?

I have this phone info app which shows the following:

  • Original csc code: empy (is this normal?)
  • Firmware csc: DBT (which is German. Why?)
  • Active csc is PHN (which makes sense because I'm on a Dutch carrier).

It's the German part that surprises me. Is this normal? I bought it from a Dutch shop and I live in the Netherlands. Also when I look up DBT it's also showing OXA (BTU, CPW, DBT, ITV, KOR, XEF, XEO). What does that mean?

Can somebody shed a light on these questions? Thanks!

 

 

 


What do you mean the original CSC code is empty? That doesn't make any sense.

 

Go to Settings- About Phone- Software Version - page down to Software provider SW ver.

Then tell me what the bottom lines are... mine is XSP/XSP/XEU/XSP   I have 2 in the middle because I have dual sim and both are active. If you only have 1 set of letters in the middle that means you have a single sim.

 

Those other CSC codes do not come up as being identified with DBT. DBT is unbranded for Germany, the rest are all for different regions.

 

Updating your phone in another country will have zero effect on the firmware as you are pulling the update from a specific server regardless. XSP update for August hasn't hit yet, but other CSC's are getting theirs. Updates are done in a rolling fashion even within CSC's. Just because an update is pushed out for a specific version, doesn't mean everyone's phone will be able to get it imediately. They do this in case of an update issues so that millions of phones are not affected all at once.

Some-dude
Navigator
Options

@doesitmatterthanks for your answer.

 



What do you mean the original CSC code is empty? That doesn't make any sense.

I know....It doesn't make sense to me either.

 

If I go to Settings- About Phone- Software Version it says: PHN/PHN, PHN/PHN.

Do you have a clue why my phone has a German firmware? Is it possible it was intended for the German market?

Like other people said I should be patient, but I'm just really curious about how all this csc stuff works. I've read that people change their csc codes sometimes, but I'm not really planning on that 🙂

 

 

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@Some-dude wrote:

@doesitmatterthanks for your answer.

 



What do you mean the original CSC code is empty? That doesn't make any sense.

I know....It doesn't make sense to me either.

 

If I go to Settings- About Phone- Software Version it says: PHN/PHN, PHN/PHN.

Do you have a clue why my phone has a German firmware? Is it possible it was intended for the German market?

Like other people said I should be patient, but I'm just really curious about how all this csc stuff works. I've read that people change their csc codes sometimes, but I'm not really planning on that 🙂

 

 


All of your CSC's reflect unbranded Netherlands.  The last PHN, tells you what country the device was original made for and what firmware was put on the device. This can never be changed, even through Odin, this device will always reflect PHN.

 

I'm not sure where you're getting anything Germany or missing as what you're posting shows The Netherlands. You have firmware from The Netherlands, a device made for The Netherlands.

0 Likes
Some-dude
Navigator
Options

@doesitmatterAlright thanks for elaborating.

I stil think it's weird that it looks like the Phone info app gives different info than what software info says, but I'll accept it  (although that's really hard haha).

Cheers.

0 Likes
Solution
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@Some-dude wrote:

@doesitmatterAlright thanks for elaborating.

I stil think it's weird that it looks like the Phone info app gives different info than what software info says, but I'll accept it  (although that's really hard haha).

Cheers.


No idea what app you're speaking of, and clearly it's giving out wrong info.

 

No need for an app, as your device tells you the correct info.

0 Likes
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Some-dude wrote:

@doesitmatterAlright thanks for elaborating.

I stil think it's weird that it looks like the Phone info app gives different info than what software info says, but I'll accept it  (although that's really hard haha).

Cheers.


There is a disagreement about theses issues, your point of view might still be correct, although @doesitmatter thinks otherwise. See Suggestion-make-quot-no-update-available-quot-message-more

0 Likes
doesitmatter
Voyager
Options

@IreibeX wrote:

@Some-dude wrote:

@doesitmatterAlright thanks for elaborating.

I stil think it's weird that it looks like the Phone info app gives different info than what software info says, but I'll accept it  (although that's really hard haha).

Cheers.


There is a disagreement about theses issues, your point of view might still be correct, although @doesitmatter thinks otherwise. See Suggestion-make-quot-no-update-available-quot-message-more


The only one disagreeing is you, because you somehow got something into your head with no knowledge whatsoever going around making comments on old threads. You're the only one disagreeing about anything.

 

Go to other sites and READ please... XDA, SamMobile.. take your pick.

0 Likes