Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneDrive sync switching off

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 07:56 PM)
Colshie
Navigator
Options
Anyone else getting this issue where OneDrive randomly switches off the sync under accounts and backup/manage accounts. This means your photos in gallery do not sync. Awaiting a remote session with Samsung support. Have tried removing and readding OneDrive with no luck. New S21U
2 REPLIES 2
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
People have reported this issue, hopefully should be fixed.
ChrizK
First Poster
Options

I have just spent 30mins with Samsung support.  The young lady was polite but was only able to go through a few steps (most of which I had tried).  TBH I wasn't aware of the selection switch under Manage Accounts > OneDrive.  When we found it was off, I happily accepted a sync could take some time, and ended the call.  After a few minutes, I found my recent photos were still not backed up and went back Manage Accounts, only to find it was switched off again.  And now I am googling the reason, and ending up here.
So, it is a known problem, that Samsung Support (UK) are completely unaware of.
I guess I will have to disassociate my OneDrive
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/samsung-gallery-and-onedrive-99c4e77b-8e63-4ddc-aede-19f8...
Annoyingly, the instructions don't fit, as my Microsoft account shows 'Samsung Cloud' and 'Samsung'.  Do I remove both, or will that mess up everything that used to be associated with Samsung Cloud (it doesn't explain the implications of doing this)?

NB Also S21 Ultra

0 Likes