Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Notifications Pop-Up with Whatsapp - Android 14

(Topic created on: 21-03-2024 10:40 AM)
CamilleH92
First Poster
Options

Hi team, 

I've just bought a new phone and I can't see WhatsApp pop-up any more when on my old phones I could (and I was using them until last week).

Any idea if this is from Android or Whastapp side ? It's impossible to contact Whatsapp support and this is my most need funcionality on a day to day.

Thanks for your help !!

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 11.16.15.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@CamilleH92: Pop-up notifications are no longer supported on recent versions of the app. This is a decision by the developers themselves, and can't be resolved in the phone's settings. If you head to WhatsApp > 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Notifications > Pop-up notification, then this is now greyed out and says 'Not available'. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Could be the phone side. Go to settings>notifications >app notifications. Scroll down to WhatsApp and tap on it. Ensure allow notifications is toggled on. Then goto notification categories and ensure everything is toggled on to your preferences.
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@CamilleH92: Pop-up notifications are no longer supported on recent versions of the app. This is a decision by the developers themselves, and can't be resolved in the phone's settings. If you head to WhatsApp > 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Notifications > Pop-up notification, then this is now greyed out and says 'Not available'. 

Avast
Student
Options
I have been getting the same since my phone did a software update.
0 Likes