Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No Samsung Pay, no updates, stuck with EUX European CSC

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:20 AM)
GMScribe
Journeyman
Options

I just received my S21 Ultra today and found that Samsung Pay displayed messages in German and would not work. Upon investigation it appears to be locked on the EUX CSC instead of BTU and as a result I also don't receive firmware updates.

Reading around, it appears Italy had a similar issue requiring a last-minute firmware push to resolve. I've also read that this can happen if you turn your phone on for the first time without a sim card already inserted.

I can't find any way to change the CSC, previous mechanisms pre Android 11 no longer work and I've tried factory resets etc to no avail.

Am I alone in this?

Go to solution
156 REPLIES 156
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Have been playing with the phone - what’s interesting is the phone when setting up (I am not using wifi ) searches for my mobile company (three uk ) fails and then asks me to set the time it’s like it’s not communicating with the network even though it all works ....... (apn correct and the phone can connect to 4g haven’t tried 5g as not been out ) .... may be an issue between Samsung and network possibly ?? That is only affecting some 

I have given up trying to sort it now until Samsung sort this out ....:: 

0 Likes
KamiBassi
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue then got some push message about a network update and now samsung pay works, did keep rebooting afterwards but i did a cache wipe and its fine now.

0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options

Strange. Three offer the s21 ultra as a contract phone so it can't be any compatibility issues. I'm on Three too so a bit worried. My phone is arriving tomorrow or Sunday.

0 Likes
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
how to send private message to @Sam_UK?
0 Likes
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Go to your profile picture select message 

click on new and search sam_uk comes up and you can type your message then 

mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

I know - and a guy on Facebook got his off Samsung UK unlocked like me and didn’t even put his three sim in the phone on set up and he is on btu firmware 

mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options

Which network ?? 

0 Likes
KamiBassi
Apprentice
Options
O2
0 Likes
Lukasz
Navigator
Options
@mancuk29 thank you
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I have this issue to on my 2nd s21 Ultra, whereas my first one is btu. Both phones came from Samsung
0 Likes