Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 14-10-2023 02:40 PM)
martandbecs
Journeyman
Options
Hi all

I have a S21 ultra which is still running android 12, UI 4.1 and hasn't had a security update since September 2022. When I check for updates it says its upto date. I've tried through smart switch and that also says its upto date. 

Any ideas?
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, please go to settings, about phone, software information and let us know the service provider software version on your device and where you are located.
0 Likes
martandbecs
Journeyman
Options
I'm in the UKScreenshot_20231014_161110.jpg
0 Likes
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
It looks like you have an O2 carrier phone no? That maybe why.
0 Likes
martandbecs
Journeyman
Options
I do yes, what difference does that make though?
0 Likes
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
O2 has to send the update, it's not up to samsung. That why carrier device receive update later than unlocked phone. But I've seen on some forum that it should be up already. Maybe worse to try a factory reset. It may trigger it
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. Little more info, please. Can you confirm your build number? It's on the same page as the info you gave me. Has this phone ever updated for you?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
None.
0 Likes
martandbecs
Journeyman
Options
Surely by now they would have sent it. I was thinking a factory reset but I don't want to lose anything, or the way things are setup on my phone I.e the homescreen icons etc, or am I right in thinking if I use Samsung smartwatch it basically does a mirror image of what I currently have?
0 Likes
martandbecs
Journeyman
Options
No, it's never updatedScreenshot_20231014_201922.jpg
0 Likes