Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** nasty bug in S21*** network search is buggy

(Topic created on: 30-06-2023 04:21 PM)
jk747
Journeyman
Options

Basically when roaming starts the S21 tends to lose it's data connection. After a lot of testing this bug is now reproducible when on a roaming network:

1. Turn select network operator automatically off , then select e.g. your home operator.

2. In my test this was Vodafone, guess what 5G connected; bandwith superb.

3. Activate airplane mode for e.g 20 seconds

4. Deavtivate airplane mode

5. After about 60 seconds connection re-established on the Voda GSM network; no more data! 

6. Ok no problem just do a manual scan networks operation, after about 90 seconds:" error searching for networks"

7. Game over no data ; internet access killed by a Samsung bug in the S21.

Hopefully the Samsung engineering team is allowed to look into this bug. I am sure there are still some S21 active S21 users around the globe.  Would be nice if this major bug gets resolved.!!!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
jk747
Journeyman
Options

Hi Robot ,to elminate the Vodafone network as an unlikely cause, I took the Sim card out of the S21 and put it into an A70. The A70 scans and immediately connects to Vodafone 4g+. Bandwith is excellent ,reboots ,airplane mode toggles no problem. This confirms there is indeed a nasty bug in the S21!!!!

0 Likes
jk747
Journeyman
Options

So the quick summary regarding this confusing roaming /  Samsung S21 network selection issue:

1. Power off S21, then power on -  Vodafone GSM /2G voice network only selection: no data

2. PowerCycle S21 :   Hey Data 5G , excellent!

3  PowerCycle S21:   Guess what, no data, just GSM , no good

4. PowerCycle S21:   Super 5G!

5. Repeat the above , and the S21 will toggle between just voice - data dead and super 5G

Never ever seen a similar pattern as above.   Now is this hardware or firmware?

I attempted to create an issue with the Samsung Members application, the issue is submitted, what is not so clear if anyone actually checks into these member report submissions at any point in time?

0 Likes
s4msungsarecrap
Student
Options
I have the same issue with my s21 Ultra.

Since the July update my network connection comes on and off when it pleases.

I've countlessly updated my phone which doesn't help, Samsung contact centre doesn't seem to help either.

Have been using this phone for the past 2years with no issues till now.

Tried resetting network
And all of the above. Nothing seems to fix this. Samsung is rubbish, thinking of going back to iphone
0 Likes
Muck
Student
Options

So as of January 2024 this issue still seems to be present. I've had an s21 since Apr21 with no issues until Oct23- service has been atrocious since then to the point that I started paying for dual SIM thinking it was the provider... it's not. Hoping samsung will see this and fix the ***** bug

0 Likes
jk747
Journeyman
Options

Hi Muck, maybe some bad news in the new year as I assume your device is no longer covered under warranty. To my surprise the refurbished replacement S21 I received does not have this problem... I am guessing it may be related to the antenna inside the phone? On the other hand the S21 firmware should be able to handle this situation much better. I don't think this rare "bug"  will ever be fixed as there are only security updates.

0 Likes