Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My S21 5G randomly died and now behaves weird.

(Topic created on: 14-02-2023 10:23 PM)
CptPICHU
First Poster
Options

Hello there! So i have this Phone (the non +/Ultra-Version) for 2 years now. It never had any issues and i always handled it safely with original Charger and so on. One day - completely randomly it died. It just turned off with no warning. Then it did not turn back on. Absolutely no sign of life. I tried to charged it and nothing. Not even the charging vibration or percentage. I tried this multiple times. Then - there was something on the screen. A warning sign for temperature. I attached a photo how it looked exacty (its not from me!)image.jpg The odd thing: The phone was not - at the moment it died and not when this showed up the first time - hot or cold. It was normal room temperature and the device was aswell. It was like that for hours. It wouldnt turn on and i gave up charging it. Then i tried it again. This time nothing showed up, but a loud repeating vibration and beeping noise started. I could literally not stop it and it was like this for half an hour. Of course as soon as it started i gave up charging it. Then again later, i got woken up by the ALARM I SET THE PREVIOUS DAY. But the phone was not EVEN ON. I also couldnt stop it. So i force-rebooted it with power + vol down. And - it started! Well, kinda. It was then stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Logo for about 1 Minute, then it went black. Then the Samsung Logo again. And this over and over again. I then sent it into Samsung repair Service, but canceled it once they told me they also wanted to repair stuff that i really did not care about like minor screen scratches! Also they'd wipe the phones data which i REALLY wanna avoid... There were important data on it... What is happening here? I'll receive the phone back soon and i actually didnt try recovery mode yet. Has anyone ANY IDEA what is going on here and what i can do? I may look for a repair service that tries its best to NOT wipe my phone data...

2 REPLIES 2
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Looks like Meta app installer (Facebook) has added apps to your phone. Maybe after you accidentally initiated installation of them. Something very similar happened to a friends phone.
I'm afraid the only option would be a full factory reset. By connecting to a laptop with the charger cable and going into recovery menu. From where you came preform a full factory reset.
This is only my suggestion of course.
0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
Air bubbles on this screen protector
0 Likes