Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My main camera will not focus unless I shake the phone.

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 09:58 AM)
DazzaF
Pioneer
Options
I'm not sure when or how it happened but now whenever I want to try and take a picture the camera won't automatically focus and when I shake the phone around I do hear rattling so I think the sensor has mabie fallen out of place?
If anyone knows what to do to help it would be much appreciated.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
TanQX
First Poster
Options

I have the EXACT same issue here. Even if I am not using a Samsung phone, I am using a Xiaomi Mi 11 and I read that the 108MP main camera on it is Samsung made, also the one used on S21 Ultra. Ultra wide camera doesn't have such an issue... This is totally stupid , I saw the same issue on my friend S21 U as well.

0 Likes
Members_fGBNasa
First Poster
Options

Same situation here with my Galaxy S20 Ultra, but the problem only started last year. Shaking helps and when I switch to the PRO Photo mode in the camera app I get sharp pictures as well. On short distance the focus is not an issue (< 2m) but any landscape will be out of focus by default, with and without tapping to determine a focus center.

0 Likes
SantanuMondal
First Poster
Options

I'm using the Samsung A53 and experiencing the same problem. When I visited the service center, they said there's no hardware issue. It's frustrating because this problem occurs randomly, making it difficult to demonstrate. Now, all we can do is wait and hope for a solution. Very disappointing experience with Samsung. 😕

0 Likes