Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import USA S21+ to UK

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 09:43 PM)
DjX
Apprentice
Options
Hi

Will there be any issue using an unlocked S21+ from USA in the UK? I would like the Snapdragon version. Has anyone bought a galaxy from USA before and can comment?

Thanks
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, a USA version will work fine in the UK as long as it is unlocked.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you checked to establish how much it will cost you to import it? Will have to pay IMPORT TAX, DUTY/VAT, CUSTOMS CLEARANCE FEES, and DELIVERY CHARGES. By my calculations, this will add at least another £300 onto the purchase price.
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
I believe smartphones are 0% duty but then there's the 20% import vat as well as other delivery and customs clearance costs to factor in. I think it's safer to wait for Samsung to improve the exynos version's performance especially on the camera front and then make your purchase. the main difference anyway is the camera performance. battery life is neck and neck and performance is similar. Will updates bring the exynos up to par with the 888 on the camera side? probably not bit the hope is it gets close and certainly far away from the issues at present.
DjX
Apprentice
Options
great thank you!
0 Likes
DjX
Apprentice
Options
check Amazon.com. much cheaper to buy and Amazon say the duty cost. better processor for cheaper price so no brainer!
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The only thing I know as a problem is if you had a Warranty claim. Samsung UK would not repair or replace the device so you would have to deal with the US.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Since when did Amazon pay duty on exports from their USA warehouses? Unless they have specifically shipped the the goods as FREE DOMICILE/DDP, then the IMPORTER becomes liable for any charges levied at the port of entry. I should know - I retired from the international express industry 6 years ago, and no government is going to relax import tariffs that benefit the end user! if they did, there would be a free-for-all that would effectively cripple every retail outlet in the country! If you think that all you will pay for your US originating phone is the website price, good luck with that.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please start a new thread r this will get confusing. Thanks
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
no problem
0 Likes