Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If eSim is available why not make the Sim tray a hybrid Sim rather than just a nano Sim???

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 03:49 AM)
Newtome
First Poster
Options

Then you have the choice of dual Sim or one eSim and expanded storage??

Why wouldn't this make sense??

Why wouldn't this be available on the S21 series??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

They must have their own reasons for moving away from sd card support @Newtome 

One of the draws of using a Samsung phone is the option of using a sd card to expand storage internally but they seem now to favour no onboard support but instead OneDrive !

I personally do not use a sd card for my own reasons but as phones now tend to record in higher definition options which takes up more space etc I'd personally not buy a phone with less than 256Gb onboard storage.

People would need to compare the 3 models but going from Samsungs own site and tech sites and region they live in for what a particular Samsung s21 option of phone supports.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Newtome
First Poster
Options

Strange that the world is moving to eSim yet they have a dedicated nano Sim only

For 95% of users who have only one phone number/plan either the eSim wouldn't be used or the nano Sim wouldn't be used.

Seems to me that it would encourage the use of the eSim if the physical Sim had hybrid functionality.

Just my opinion

0 Likes
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
interesting, I didnt think eSim had an option to use your own number
0 Likes
Newtome
First Poster
Options

There are eSim only phones

Even the S20 series allow using eSim so you could use them without ever putting a sim card into the phone.

So my question remains, why doesn't the phone have a hybrid sim?? It would make much more sense.

0 Likes