Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove or stop Gear VR Notification?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 11:46 AM)
lacrimosae
Student
Options

I keep receiving Gear VR notification "Due to Oculus ending its technical support, the Gear VR service is no longer available for One UI 4.
Click the button below and follow the instructions to remove the Gear V apps installed on your device."

I click on the 'Uninstall' button and the following apps are removed from my phone-
Instagram
Facebook Services
Facebook
Messenger
Facebook App Installer
Facebook App Manager

All of which I need and use daily for business. I thought I missed a step the first time all these apps were uninstalled and I had to reinstall everything and log back in. So when the Gear VR notification appeared again, I clicked the 'Uninstall' button again to see if there was another window to deselect apps. There wasn't. All apps were uninstalled again.

I do not have any Oculus apps, or Gear VR service, on my phone. How do I remove or kill this notification?2022-03-02 08.43.41.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
BrainBlaze
Student
Options

I thought it worked... but instead it just took longer to pop up. Looks like as long as I have facebook on my phone it will try to uninstall...

0 Likes
Smilinhart
First Poster
Options

Same issue, and last night at 3:30am I got another notification and it woke me up. I'm frustrated, too.

0 Likes
EpikShadowFox
First Poster
Options

For me I went to every thing related to the vr application and cleared data and cached partition and worked but sooned realized it still asked to delete it, I found that going to settings>Apps>search>"gear vr" and found the setup wizard still there so you could just click it and uninstall it. Should fix but I wished gear vr was still compatible with UI 4.0 

0 Likes
BrainBlaze
Student
Options

I found that going to settings>Apps>search>"gear vr" showed nothing at all 😞 no app, it's literally other apps that are the reason for my issue for sure.

Frustrating but life goes on. I never used gear VR so I don't even know what it is.

0 Likes