Options
Where is google discover? 
Do i need chrome for it, because my chrome is disabled

Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
Members_taIzsvG
Apprentice
Options

I neither has the option to enable Google Discover. Forcing users into apps, they don't to use, is a disgrace. Despite that One UI has certain limitations like not providing the option to use icon packs.

I just bought a Xiaomi phone for 220 € for home use and was susprised, that it not only allows user to extensively adapt the system to the users needs, but it's UI also responds better than the One UI. At the moment I try out Microsoft launcher, and this also performes butter. I think my next high end phone will also be from Xiaomi.

Members_taIzsvG
Apprentice
Options

I wanted to inform you, that I just tried out Microsoft Launcher. It has plethora of useful features and options to configure the appearance. Despite that you can choose between vertical and horizontal ordering of apps in the App Drawer (that was also something, I was missing in One UI). 

Though it also doesn't provider Google Discover, it provided at least a far more useful sidebar, which displays certain personal information as well as news. As for the performance it responds more quickly than One UI. Searching for apps is nearly possible while Samsung's Founder app took a while to display results. 

Bigpun1970
Student
Options
I used "Nova Launcher" and "Nova Google Companion" to get google discover to work on my S20.
wayne890309
First Poster
Options

Apparently samsung focuses on delivering ads more than user experience. Is there any way to enable it by installing modded apk, or a trigger to enable it via adb?