Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green dot with the new update and I hate it

(Topic created on: 28-11-2021 10:50 AM)
McCarthy
Apprentice
Options
I noticed a green dot comes up when my camera is used or when I'm making a phone call and I hate it how do you get rid of it on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 
35 REPLIES 35
JjJedi
Apprentice
Options

Stop over reacting, the burn-in period of AMOLED displays in modern smartphones is around 6-8 years but can vary depending upon usage.

I phone has the exact same light. It's a security light to let you know if you are being monitored when you AREN'T using your camera, or other app/game that uses a microphone. To shut it off, simply close the app using it.

0 Likes
Moonchild130770
Explorer
Options
What I'm struggling to get across is that if anyone uses a sound related sleep monitoring app, that dot is permanently on as long as this is running. (Average 7 hours at a time every day)
Could you be confident that would not burn in? I'm not sure I could. I'm not over reacting, it's a genuine question to a potential real issue. If someone can assure me that the dot moves a few pixels (just like most OLED TVs), I'd be completely happy.
micber67
Pioneer
Options

I found the solution in this video! read the details below the video. You have to install adb on your PC and have developer options enabled and usb debugging on your phone along . so nice now!! I dont care about my location but I care about mic and video access which I can leave notification for them on or off....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ayYvXTMVuw&t=404s

0 Likes
Maven3060
First Poster
Options

Let me tell you bro that's the feds watching bro while watching videos prolly need get some tape and cover your camera  

0 Likes
dumbdummy
Journeyman
Options
Probably because I'm in a phone call..... or discord....?
0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
You.might have an app that I using the camera or microphone in the background
0 Likes