Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Voice Typing is not working after recent Android update.

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 05:43 AM)
lemonjoyce
Journeyman
Options

Google Voice Typing is not working after recent Android update.

I use English language on my S20+. Before the update i can use Cantonese on my Google Voice Typing, even my keyboard setting is only set as 'English''.
After the update, the Google Voice Typing can only understand English, I tried to go into the setting, add new language, I cannot see Cantonese as an option anymore.

And if I click ''Default Language'' under Language, Cantonese is shown as an option but there have no 'save' or 'ok' button after I have checked the box. (Please see attached)

271961720_229837542666223_5841620062222898736_n.jpg 271946453_1034863230576799_8993706518926130347_n.jpg No Save or OK buttonNo Save or OK button

I also see that in Setting, Keyboard list and default, have an option ''Google Voice Typing [Legacy], which was not there before the update. (Please see attached).

Please help if you know any solution, I can speak Cantonese, but I cannot type it, so this dictication method is very useful and necessary for me. Thank you.

  271916150_1079275152897688_835401616139226955_n.jpg

53 REPLIES 53
Watdee
Student
Options

@funfunfan wrote:

Not quite yet, here, I have an s10e, I don't know if it matters, but in the Google Voice Typing options, under Offline speech, I only have to choose between a handful of languages, 4 actually, if we don't count the various forms of English. The other  languages are still available in the Google Voice Typing [Legacy] options. So until they finish this transition, I will have to use both, not a big deal. :smiling-face:

Looks like it's fixed for me now too, the save button is back after the latest phone and app update.  Not all languages are available for offline so that's normal.

0 Likes
twinsmom2001
First Poster
Options

I just bought a new S22+ and am having the exact same problem. I cannot save the changes to select both English and Cantonese under Google voice typing. Under Google voice typing (legacy) both English and Cantonese are selected, but my apps don't recognize Cantonese speech. This means the bug hasn't been fixed. Are we sure this problem is because of the Android 12 version, or could it be a Google problem? Does anyone have other suggestions other than using Gboard (I don't have that option on my phone??)

0 Likes
Noosiekins
Journeyman
Options

Did you try the solution that was posted?? If you go all the way to the top of the page and hit "Go to Solution", it'll bring you to a work around that I found a while back... give that a try. 

0 Likes
GALAXYUZER
First Poster
Options

100% "speech services". I personally, updated it and the "save" option is now available.

Thank you!!!!

0 Likes