Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant on Lock Screen

(Topic created on: 22-05-2023 11:56 AM)
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

It used to be possible to disable the Google Assistant on the lock screen so it did not react to "Hey Google".  This was done under the "Assistant responses on lock screen" setting. Now if it is disabled on the lock screen it responds saying something similar to " Alright but first you have to unlock your device". How can I have Google Assistant turned off so it does not respond at all when the phone is locked but works when unlocked?

3 REPLIES 3
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hope this helpsScreenshot_20230522_121219_Google.jpgScreenshot_20230522_121323_Google.jpg
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

That is the setting I am using and when off the assistant verbally asks you to unlock the device and when on the assistant works normally. It no longer disables the assistant on the lock screen.

0 Likes
Royconl_nl
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I have bought a Samsung A55 in beginning of May 2024 and I am really happy with this phone. The only downside is that I am a longtime user of the assistant app and also have configured on this new phone. But its annoying when I talk to my Google Home that also my Locked A55 Phone responds . I have the Assistant  App configured to not respond if the phone is locked but that does not work.

0 Likes