Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 Ultra camera problem

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 08:26 PM)
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue as me with the camera on the S21 Ultra? When recording a video and panning the camera it is quite jumpy. It sort of stops and starts. Just not smooth at all. Even when I'm taking photos and moving the camera it just seems laggy. Hard to find the right words to describe it. I tried 8K and also UHD at 60fps for the videos and getting the same issue. And the video quality is so poor. A lot worse than my S20 Ultra. 

I done a software update which hasn't helped. I also spoke with Samsung customer services and they checked different things but in the end said I need a replacement handset, which I won't get until thr 8th Feb.

So I was just wanting to know if anyone else was experiencing the same or similar issues. 
47 REPLIES 47
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Oh right. I had one update available when I was on the phone to Samsung support earlier. It did say something about camera improvements but it was still the same after that. So was advised to contact 3 and give them a reference for a replacement. Unfortunately I have to wait until the 8th now. But at least I hadn't sold or traded my S20 ultra lol.
0 Likes
Ibrabone
Journeyman
Options

Clear  system cache after update if that doest do much fresh install.

ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Thanks. Samsung got me to do that too sorry. Didn't help unfortunately.
0 Likes
Ibrabone
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to hear that, did you reset your camera settings? You can force close your your camera in the section apps, so it wil reboot maybe that wil fix it

0 Likes
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I have done a factory reset on it and have it packaged back up as I'm getting a replacement handset on the 8th. Will maybe open it later and try it again though. Thanks
0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options
I doubt your phone is faulty it's probably early software problem
ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
Well I've done a software update and factory reset and it is still the same unfortunately. The camera on my s20 ultra is much better. And Samsung have checked some settings as well as getting me to reset the phone and have said it is faulty. I really wish it was software related as I was looking forward to getting the phone. Don't want to have to be sending it back but its looking like I have to.
0 Likes
Ocebir
Pioneer
Options

My s21 ultra video camera is shockingly bad in several ways. The video looks really blurry almost worse than 480p quality even at 8k. When i switch to photo mode it is fine and the camera is very high quality however on video when I move around it leaves traces of the image behind as I move. For example if i am moving my head up and down you will see image traces of my eyebrows going up and down basically smudging the image. I have the exynos version at this point I assume it is a software problem however i have not heard or seen anyone else with a similar issue. Any ideas? 

ChrisOprey
Explorer
Options
I had this problem too but the software update sorted that part out for me, but I was still getting the judder.
0 Likes
JulianeM
Explorer
Options

I had the same problem you said, and the video changed focus and colours during record, only indoor records with no changes on lights so I can't understand that, and also not only my videos but my photos looks very bad as well, they are most blurred and you can't even recognize the person on the photo... I checked some reviews online and the photos they take under worst lights and movements are awesome, I really think there's something wrong with my hardware. I updated the system and checked for solutions on forums and with Samsung chat, no luck.

Anyway I'm considering returning the phone before I lose the cooldown period 😕 it's a shame I had a very high expectation for this device.