Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S21+ 5G region lock Soutn Korea

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 12:14 PM)
CLAYTONP
Student
Options

Hi!

I'm living in South Korea and had to buy a new phone here last year. I'm looking to return Australia in Sept 2022. I've heard about region locking. Am I able to go samsung store where I bought the phone from and request they unlock it before I return to Australia? 

I would still like to be able to use my phone in Australia as it will only be a year old by the time I return.  

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ciaoarif
Pioneer
Options

Region locking is usually only in effect for the first activation (setup) of the phone. That means once you have activated your phone in the region you bought it from you can then take it anywhere and do what you want with it.

View solution in context

Solution
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

The G996N Korean specific model of the Galaxy S21+ will only work on one of the 5 Australian 5G bands, N78 (3500). 3G & 4G bands will all work. See...

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/AU/samsung-galaxy-s21-plus

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
ciaoarif
Pioneer
Options

Region locking is usually only in effect for the first activation (setup) of the phone. That means once you have activated your phone in the region you bought it from you can then take it anywhere and do what you want with it.

Solution
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

The G996N Korean specific model of the Galaxy S21+ will only work on one of the 5 Australian 5G bands, N78 (3500). 3G & 4G bands will all work. See...

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/AU/samsung-galaxy-s21-plus

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
CLAYTONP
Student
Options

Thanks for this info. Greatly appreciated. It doesn't even work on all bands in Korea. 5G is still being rolled out in both Korea and Aust. I only get 5G sporadically in Sth Korea anyways, cause i don't live in a metropolitan area. 

0 Likes