Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Full Screen Bug with Samsung Galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 06:54 AM)
TullyMurphy
Explorer
Options

I recently went into landscape mode and noticed that my phone refuses to go full screen. My apps use to go full screen and the only thing blacked out were the camera holes. Now It always shows a black bar where the camera holes are. When I boot up an app it goes full screen for a quick second but then a black bar appears across the right hand side where the camera holes are. Even when i try YouTube in landscape mode this black bar is on the right side!

All my apps use to fill the entire screen but now my phone doesn't use the space under the camera holes! I'm not sure what happened, please help me.

0 Likes
Go to solution
35 REPLIES 35
Edukovic
Explorer
Options
You can still perform as a community manager here, but I don't want to go that route here, the goal is to solve a problem and I apreciate the help.

There 3 I use a lot; Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, Dragon Ball Legends and Pokemon Go. Give it a go and answer me if found a solution. I'd love that.
0 Likes
Edukovic
Explorer
Options
That's the thing; the internals are amazing, for a compact size (one my hands can reach the screen), the chassis is proven good, night mode we can still go without. The lack of headphone jack is something we all will have to be used to... and the battery will be mch better even with smaller capacity, we all know that.
0 Likes
Edukovic
Explorer
Options

Take a look at this thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Galaxy-S10-gaming-full-screen/td-p/98...

user   indicated that the latest software update helped solve it. And it did for me. At least one of the APPS went full screen, so it's now an issue for the developers of the other APPs to solve. We now know that it's not on Samsung exactly to blame (anymore).

0 Likes
SpecialNeeds
First Poster
Options

Personally I believe just about all s10 issues are the cause of running exynos instead of snapdragon. Its probably the biggest difference from the previous s9 and s8... 

0 Likes
ash_i_tosh
First Poster
Options

I started having the same issue, before all my apps used to go full screen in landscape mode and fill up the space under the camera hole in landscape mode. Even the keyboard used to stretch left to right edge to edge in landscape mode, now its as if "hide the camera" option is enabled, when its not, the keyboard and even the notification bar start at after the camera as if there is a vertical line after the camera hole in landscape 

0 Likes
AlexeyHD90
First Poster
Options

I'm having this issues since around the time this post was posted.

The games that refuse to run full screen even when the option is Always on are: Assassins' Creed Rebellion (this one I know for sure it was running full screen Auto before April 2020), Star Trek Fleet Command and Grim Soul.

The games that run full screen even when the option is Auto are: League of Legends Wild Rift and Call of Duty Mobile. ❤️

The games that run full screen only after I switch from Auto to Always on are: Zynga Poker, Out There Omega, Rummy 45.

Now my s10+ is up to date and so are all of the apps in it. Simply annoying.

0 Likes