Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charging not working on S21 after One UI 5 update

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 03:15 PM)
Members_A4iI3lq
First Poster
Options

After my S21 updated to Android 13/One Ui 5 yesterday fast charging no longer works. With both wired and wireless fast charging the phone displays the message that it is fast charging but after a few seconds it reverts to non-fast charging and the time to complete increases. Anyone else experiencing this?

13 REPLIES 13
Tommywf01
First Poster
Options
Same here. Mine says fast charging for about 5 seconds when I plug it in and then changes to regular charging. Its only happened since the update to android 13
Ceholly65
Journeyman
Options
Same here, thought it was cable buy have tried different cables. The fact it starts with fast charging then drops to charging is frustrating. Hopefully there will be a fix soon
0 Likes
Lycosa
First Poster
Options

Yeah... they need to fix and/or explain this. My S21+ was using super fast charging before but now it's only regular charging. Feels slow, it's painstaking when you run low on battery and plug your phone just to have it charge for hours.

Edit: Problem solved. I bought a new cable (Samsung) and it's back to how it should be. The cable was faulty, it broke after 9 months (Volutz). Now it charges from 0 to 100% in 1.5~ hours.

Sodisco
First Poster
Options

Any news on a fix for this? I live in the US and can't find a solution in any of the US forums. I recently noticed it a few weeks ago after the 5.1 update. I have the s21 base and my issue is the same. When I plug it in it says charging and gives me a time. I have read that after the new update it will only show that it is fast charging for 5 seconds and then just go to where it says charging no matter what mode you have it in. The time should indicate if it is fast charging or not. I noticed it because when I plugged it in it never said fast charging and I have tried turning the settings on and off, tried cable and wireless charging and even bought a new cable and charging block which was adaptive fast charging capable. No matter the settings or the charger when I plug it in, my phone can be at 60% and say that it will be at least an hour for it to be fully charged. There is no way that that is fast charging. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes