Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every day I get updates it's driving me nuts

(Topic created on: 21-03-2022 11:20 PM)
Worstphoneever
Journeyman
Options

What is wrong with Samsung and Android that every single day since I've owned this phone(except for one day, I've had the phone about a week) I get updates.

Updates for Google play store.

Updates for Samsung galaxy store. 

Updates for Google services.

Updates for random Samsung apps I'll never use or don't even know what they are.

Updates for YouTube and Google apps.

Updates for EVERYTHING you can think of and more, every day. 

I've used almost 10gb of data on "updates" in the last week!!!!

This phone is driving me crazy and I regret purchasing it. This is just madness honestly. 

What makes it worse is this phone uses so much battery while I'm asleep and then STILL waits for me to use it when I wake up to install a dozen updates. At least do it while I'm not using the phone!! It's like Samsung thinks I'm impressed and wants me to see all the updates. No it's not impressive it makes me think I bought junk.

This is excessive. 

16 REPLIES 16
Frankie Rod
First Poster
Options

I'm currently on my 34th update and I just activated this phone day before yesterday. I don't understand why one or two updates can't cover all of the pending updates. My phone is a brand new yet older Note9. Every time the update finishes the prompt for the next one is on the screen already with the next number higher. 

0 Likes
Caladox
First Poster
Options
I agree it's too many and too often the updates.
s4msungsarecrap
Student
Options
Been getting updates every month, all it does it slow down your phone and take up memory. They do this so you upgrade your phone.

If your phone is perfectly fine don't update it.

0 Likes
Wiredbest
Student
Options

It sucks.  And it makes my apps not work.  I've had to get my phone replaced 3 times because after it downloads so many updates, my apps stop working.   Samsung knows there's a glitch, but aren't telling everyone.  I have to demand a new phone.  They act like I'm the only one affected.  One technician told me in a text that there's a problem they're trying to fix.  The updates are maddening, but the apps not working afterward is truly unacceptable. 

0 Likes
Wiredbest
Student
Options

I have mine set to not update, but eventually it does anyway, without permission.  This has been going on for way too long.  These phones are trash 

Members_7f4Hja7
First Poster
Options

I have also decided not to purchase Samsung again. It looks like my phone is the app developers' testing ground. If you need so frequent updates, it shows the quality control of your app development is non existent. The most annoying thing how it keeps filling up the screen with big notification to force you to update and after someties just forcefully update

Options

I agree! Samsung has gone to *****. Garbage phones and garbage support.

0 Likes