Did you mean: 

Disappointing samsung s21 battery

(Topic created on: 01-06-2023 08:38 PM)
Alex_a1020
Journeyman
Options
I have recently bought a samsung s21 and am very disappointed in the battery
This is how long it last.
If you could say how long your battery lasts, just out of interest to see if its just mine with a problem 

15 REPLIES 15
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Adaptive lighting turn off and set manually. Wifi and Bluetooth, if not used then turn off. NFC only turn on when used then turn it off.
Have you any vampire apps ?? These will eat your battery faster than you can charge it.
0 Likes
Alex_a1020
Journeyman
Options
Yes I have done all of these, I have also factory reset my phone and only installed the most needed apps
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Dark mode and power saving will help.
0 Likes
Alex_a1020
Journeyman
Options
Yes have also done both of these 🤣
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you post the full stats? If you tap on the graph you should get a graph showing a list of apps and how much battery each one is using.
0 Likes
Alex_a1020
Journeyman
Options
Here you goScreenshot_20230601_214010_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. These stats show how social media apps are sucking the life out of your battery.

An hour on Snapchat and an hour on Tik Tok will use over 42% of your battery.
Looking at Instagram, in 11 minutes it's used 3.8% so that is roughly 20% per hour.

If you look at these figures compared to other apps on the list there's quite a difference

The problem with these apps is they are poorly compiled.

I passed over my S21U to my wife. I don't do social media and was getting 2 days usage. She is into social media and she gets about half that. I know the Ultra has a larger battery but that's further proof of the reason for the drain.
Alex_a1020
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for that, is there anyway to reduce the battery usage of these apps?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately, no, stopping using these apps is the only way which is not really a solution. At least you now know the reason so can at least limit use so you don't end up with a flat battery when you need the phone and away from a charger.