Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete learned words

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 11:50 AM)
Helen22
Explorer
Options
I've been searching how to delete the words I misspelled in my dictionary. Its auto correcting the right word to the typo! 
Can someone advise me how to remove the words from the Samsung dictionary as there are so many I need to delete! 
I've been searching how to delete the words I misspelled in my dictionary. Its auto correcting the right word to the typo! 
Can someone advise me how to remove the words from the Samsung dictionary as there are so many I need to delete! 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Try long-pressing on the words that you want to remove, for example, you have MICHAEL (correct spelling), and MICHEAL... Long-press on the misspelt word, and a dialog box should pop up, asking if you want to remove it from your learned words.
Helen22
Explorer
Options
Where do I do this thou.
0 Likes
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
When you type and the word comes up above your letters on the keyboard, do it from there
0 Likes
Helen22
Explorer
Options
I'm looking for the dictionary like all my previous phones had.
If you type a word in you can only press and hold on the wrong options, not the word you just wrote incorrectly. It's impossible to look at every word you type and click on options in the hope one will be there. It woukd take days.
0 Likes
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
Ahh sorry I misunderstood, just looked for you but couldn't find it either. Hopefully someone will have the solution for you
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I just googled the process, and this is their advice:

Goto: SETTINGS / SYSTEM / LANGUAGES & INPUT / ADVANCED / TOOLS / PERSONAL DICTIONARY. From there, select the unwanted words, then click on the BIN icon in the top-right corner.

I hope this is what you're looking for. 😊
0 Likes
Helen22
Explorer
Options
Yeah, saw that. The bit after settings isn't there on the samsung phone. No system and no tools or personal dictionary.
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
I had a look on my phone, to see if what I found was applicable, and found the same as yourself. It looks like my earlier suggestion is the only way to go, unfortunately. 🤔
0 Likes
WeeLou
Journeyman
Options
What @Steven9761 said first is how you do it. Start typing the word you think is incorrect, it should appear at the top of your keyboard. Long press on it and it will give you the option to delete it. Not having a personal dictionary on samsung is a pain. Makes the process more complicated than it needs to be. Hope that helps
0 Likes